Need Advice - Oxygen Use & Coach Hookup at Site

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A little pricey but should work for you:

https://www.amazon.com/Worx-WG794-Landroid-Pre-Programmed-Shut-off/dp/B00SJEUFF4

Like others on arrival, I often pull or back into a site and just shutdown, push the auto level button, go out and plug in the electric, and come in and push the slide button. Water and sewer don't get hooked up until needed. If the weather's bad, I may leave the electric until later as well...

Rene T said:
A little pricey but should work for you:

https://www.amazon.com/Worx-WG794-Landroid-Pre-Programmed-Shut-off/dp/B00SJEUFF4
WOW what will they come up with next?  Maybe one that scoops up the dog poop first and then edges after the cutting is done?................lol

Bill

For mowing the lawn..... There is a product I read about long, long ago. Then later I watched a TV show that featured it's inventer.. What's My Line.. Nobody guessed what the product was even though they brought it out on stage  The product itself

MOWBOT

Yup. You Guessed it.. A Robotic Lawn Mower.

You start by putting in a hidden fence (Don't want it to mow your neighbor's lawn) or have the installer put it in. Then you walk it out with your remote control cable (Unless they have made that a wireless remote now) push the button sit down and enjoy a cold one while IT mows the lawn. Finally you push a button hook up the remote and walk it back to the barn.

Now this is defently an UPGRADE from the one on What's My Line

Husqvarnas Mobot

Bill, I really sympathize with your and your condition since I was on 15L just before xplant. I never used a small portable like yours so I dont know if it will provide enough pressure to push oxygen thru a 40'hose but the liquid portables would do it for me. As for sparks and heat....well...I was still welding and using oxygen, just throw the hose over my shoulder and keep the sparks and hot metal away from the hose. Never allowed my face and hood to get too  close to the arc. I was doing a lot of cooking back then and our oven is gas, so when I opened the oven door I just kept everything away from hot metal. You probably know by now that oxygen isn't flammable but it promotes almost everything else to start burning. If it is not concentrated in a small area with flame and fuel nothing will happen.

My wife would get out with me when we pulled in and she learned to do all the hookups along with me so it was just more together time for us. It wont hurt for your wife to learn the routine of outside hookups anyway just in case. Rest a lot between chores and when you feel fatigued if not it takes longer to recover and the strain of having your system depleted of oxygen will eventually do harm.

Keep moving Bill, once you sit down and stop completely the body goes to crap, ya gotta keep the blood moving!! Hang in there bud!!

As catblaster stated Oxygen is not combustible it is an accelerant. It will help things burn quicker and hotter.
If you have the right coach the only outside activity should be connect water and electric. Maybe put pads down for self levelers.

What used to help a lot of COPD patients was a fan blowing on their face even outdoors..

The answer to the max tubing rate is found at;
http://rc.rcjournal.com/content/60/2/179

NB: Forgot about toad

darsben said:
As catblaster stated Oxygen is not combustible it is an accelerant. It will help things burn quicker and hotter.

I saw a guy driving his car the other day and he was on oxygen and smoking a cigabut at the same time. That's OK?

Rene T said:
I saw a guy driving his car the other day and he was on oxygen and smoking a cigabut at the same time. That's OK?
Not OK but done all the time. Worked in a hospital for 30 years. Saw it all the time before smoking in hospital was banned. Then saw the smokers outside with their O2 and cigarette.
Not as common today as it once was

catblaster said:
      You probably know by now that oxygen isn't flammable but it promotes almost everything else to start burning. If it is not concentrated in a small area with flame and fuel nothing will happen.

Keep moving Bill, once you sit down and stop completely the body goes to crap, ya gotta keep the blood moving!! Hang in there bud!!

Thanks Will.  Yes I know it is an accelerant.  I keep thinking of the story of the person who died this winter locally. He was on oxygen while mobile (not sure of liters) and stopped to fill up his gas tank at a service station.  Not sure how but his clothing ignited and burned him severely.  Took him several days to die.  Fire department says his clothes were so saturated with oxygen that any spark probably set them on fire.  Scary.  Talk about the body going downhill - now I am suffering through severe arthritis pain but that has been pretty much alleviated by opiod pills - until they ban them.  Only one pill a day keeps me going but sometimes I have to relent and take two - very mild opiod - Tramadol  Thanks for the encouragement.  Doing a short getaway over July 4th so good time to test.  Had to cancel two previous trips due to med issues.  This one will be a go.

Bill

Tramadol does not work for most people, gabapentin is another one that some take for back pain but it has come up on the list of things to possible ban in the future. 
  I have RA and found that one of my rejections meds is now being looked at for RA relief.....Cellcept.... I take it and all pain is gone, it isnt a pain killer but works on reducing the immune system.
  If you have an open minded doctor maybe he would consider it if the side effects were not a worry. Before the cellcept no amount of hydrocodone or tramadol would take the pain away and now there is none.
  I wonder what that person did to saturate their clothing, the only thing I can think of is the liquid oxygen from one of those canisters leaking. Conditions would have to be just right for it to happen. There is a story I read on the development of the X-2 where the workers had been loading liquid oxygen and when it came for his break they were bussed out into the desert.  Story goes that when one of them lit up his cigarette he burst into flames.  This was long before the internet so it must be true.
  Have a good trip Bill!!

Thankfully that Tramadol pretty well works for me along with an OTC Naproxin (Aleve).  Doc told me that Tramadol works on the brain blocking the pain signal whereas the Naproxin works on the irritated area.  Whatever works - as they say.  Sounds like you have come up with a good med to keep the pain down.  Getting old for some of us is not as fun as advertised but opening your eyes every morning is a delight.

I forgot to add that the source of the oxygen in that fellows death was never mentioned by the fire department other than to say he was on oxygen.  I bet it was liquid oxygen.  From my old Air Force missile days we were always taught that LOX is bad stuff if not handled properly.

Bill

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom