Windshield Leak

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mudshark

Hi All
Washing my class A today and noticed a couple of water streaks on the inside the passenger side of the split windshield.
Never noticed them before and have not noticed any streaking from all the rain we have had here in New England over the last few months.
Any ideas on how to stop them? Can I just use clear silicon?
Thanks!
Jim

Most of those older Winnebago's with the split windshield the frame behind them has a tendancy to rust out. Had that happen to one of mine I had. Ended up being a $3000 repair bill for new windshields and new frame welded in.

You can try silicone

Rain usually comes straight down, washing often times goes strait up.  Might not be a problem, sometimes sealing on the outside surface just makes a bigger problem trapping water.  Get a ladder and look closely, might be a simple silicone fix, but I wouldn't go hog wild.  They actually make a better windshield adhesive than simple silicone as well.

https://www.amazon.com/Permatex-81730-Flowable-Silicone-Windshield/dp/B000BKEBO0/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1524516750&sr=8-4&keywords=silicone+for+windshield

I read on another forum were the guys windshield was leaking & he bought a spray can of that stuff you see on tv called flex seal. He said it comes in a clear so he taped off the windshield sprayed it & it no longer is leaking.

Floyd

Thanks Guys
We have an inch of rain coming here tomorrow. I will check during the storm.
My main concern was getting caught in a rain storm while driving. In that case, rain would be driven  up by the forward motion of the bus.

mudshark said:
My main concern was getting caught in a rain storm while driving. In that case, rain would be driven  up by the forward motion of the bus.

Great concern  ;)
I still would buy sealant made exactly for windshields if need be.  And usually if it leaked once, it'll leak again  :))

Back
Top Bottom