Richard Sharp RIP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
It was with deep sadness that we heard of the passing of long-time forum member Richard Sharp. Richard and his wife Linda were both admitted to hospital on their recent stop in Indiana, en route home to NY. Richard had pneumonia, but we don't yet have an update on Linda.

Richard and Linda cheered us when we arrived in Quartzsite in 1996 at sundown with our brand new Bounder diesel.  They were a wonderful couple and were so easy and comfortable to be around.  Richard was retired from Kodak (as I recall) and trained as an RV tech after retirement mostly to keep his rig up to date.  Linda was a gifted artist.  It's both unfortunate and fortunate that spending 20+ years RVing, and participating in this forum, you feel the pain of loss but you also feel the joy of having known such great folks.  RIP Richard and heartfelt prayers for Linda.  She is also not well.

I have a voicemail from Linda's sister, and will be talking with her tomorrow.

We first met Richard and Lynda in 1995 at an RVForum rally in Mystic, CT. They have been really good friends and we have spent many nights parked in front of their house on their dead end street in Grease, NY when visiting them. We will certainly miss Richard. He was such a good friend - always in a good mood and willing to help. If you wish to send Lynda a card, her address is: 135 Apple Creek Lane, Rochester, NY 14612.

Lynda needs your prayers. She is presently not well and is in intensive care in an Indianapolis hospital. It will be a while before she is able to return to NY.

Thanks Chet. That pretty much agrees with what I learned from Linda's sister, Susan this morning. FYI Linda is in Methodist Hospital in Indianapolis.

The only additional information on Richard is that he passed away (in hospital) at 9.45pm Saturday 4/21.

Susan and Linda's daughter Jennifer have been making phone calls to numbers they found in the Sharp's phones. If someone doesn't answer, they're leaving voicemails for folks to call back.

Over the years we've shared many good times with Richard and Linda, but one of my happiest memories of Richard is on May 7, 2007 which also happened to be my birthday.  The Marabitos, FitzGeralds and Richard were lucky enough to get tickets to hike to The Wave at Vermillion Cliffs AZ (near Page).  We all agreed it was a great birthday present.  With the hundreds of pictures taken that day I can't believe this is the best photo I could find of Richard and me hiking around this magnificent place.  It was a wonderful day.  Rest in peace, Richard.  We'll miss you.

ArdraF and JerryF

Attachments

• Wave-130 (Medium).JPG
    Wave-130 (Medium).JPG
    225 KB · Views: 75
We  knew Richard  for many  years.  His daughter threw him a surprise  Birthday  part for  his 80th  Birthday and I compiled all the photos I had of Richard  and Linda over our many years of friendship  as a tribute to our memories of mutual travels.

Attachments

• 2013-01-13 New Year Catalina.jpg
    2013-01-13 New Year Catalina.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 75
Here's the latest update. Linda is still in intensive care in Indianapolis at the Methodist Hospital, but wii be transferred to a rehabilitation facility as soon as she is able. Jennifer (their daughter) is going back to Rochester tomorrow, but will return to make arrangements for Linda to get into rehab on next thursday. Linda will eventually be moved to assisted living in Rochester when she can eventually travel. If you want to send Linda a card, the previous address I posted will eventually get them to her. Since she will be in Indiana for the near term future, you can send a card to Linda's sister's address at the following:

Linda Sharp
% Susan Calloway
6010 South County Rd 100 West
Frankfort, IN 46041

We all wish her the best through these difficult times.

I agree, Chet.  Thanks to Betty for her dedication in taking all of our pictures at our various rallies.  Her little camera does wonders!  That's a great collage of the Sharps and shows two wonderful people in better times.

ArdraF

This is Daisy Thomas here.  Apparently the message has not yet been heard here that Linda too, has passed away, the day after Jennifer went back to NY.  There is no way, this couple total soulmates could ever be apart very long and so it was they shall be placed in eternity together.

Jennifer asked that the following be posted to the forum, though she knows most won't be there, but in case someone is nearby and would like to attend.  There will be a viewing at the funeral home on June 1st, from 3-7p.m at the Bartolomeo and Perotto Funeral Home on 1411 Vintage Lane in Rochester, NY 14626.  On Saturday, June 2, a service is to be held at the same location at 10:00 a.m followed by a procession to the cemetery. 

As I said above, Jennifer knew many would not be there, but she just wanted everyone to know the details.  We have lost a pair of very dear friends, and our world has been made all the better for having known them.  But there will forever be a big empty space in our hearts for them.

Wow that is really sad. I didn't have the pleasure of knowing Sharps but they
sounded like wonderful people. God bless them.

[quote author=Daisy]Apparently the message has not yet been heard here that Linda too, has passed away...[/quote]

Daisy, an announcement about Linda was posted here, after I confirmed it with Linda's sister Susan, and confirmed it was OK to post the announcement.

Thanks for posting the other info.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom