Confetti in AC ducts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

john owens

Strange occurance this past weekend. On Thursday I had coach washed at truck wash as usual. This time I tipped the workers 20 bucks and asked them to clean roof area of the Raven poop that had bombarded my roof over a few months time. I guess they banged my AC covers a bit because when we went camping and turned on ac it made a racket at the rear unit. I figured they dislodged the plastic housing so I shut that one down until later. Long story kinda short the racket ceased...but all weekend little bits of shiny thumb size bits of material came fluttering down from the ducted ac vents. What could this stuff be?? I'm figuring some bits of insulation but not sure at all. Had to vacuum floor area  3 times in two days.. Anybody had this happen before? Thanks for any info guys.

I've seen the shiny stuff,  I think it might be the flexible ductwork they use.  Must have really knocked stuff loose, but if that's the only issue, it should stop pretty soon. You might take a peek behind the AC ceiling filter, maybe some insulation came loose that needs re-taped.

The air conditioners Win used in 2011 units plus others probably had a foil coating on the inside that was poorly bonded. I got a lot in 2012 and it gradually mostly came out. I still see some occasionally.  It does not cause any problems.

Ernie

Yep. Ernie's right... poor aluminum foil bonding in Coleman AC units. For the first two years, or so, after we owned our coach, I thought we were at a ticker tape parade every time I turned the AC on. Every once in awhile I'd hear a flapping sound as a really big chunk was breaking loose, then "whoosh" it would drop from a vent. Bottom line, it's not a funtional problem, and it'll ultimately go away. 

Kev

Oui the old "ticker tape parade" that was a good one. I got a laugh imagining that happening...Okay Thanks guys for the info..I am glad its nothing to worry about...john O.

Greetings,

Hope Coachmen owners can post here  ;)

I wonder if there is any possibility that mice got into the coach and did some chewing. I have seen a lot of mice nests and damage over the years living out in the country. While I respect the others on their input and they are probably right, just thought I would throw this out, just in case.

I was thinking a nest has dislodged too.

Might be able to take your vacuum cleaner and suck the rest of the mess out of there.

I keep rat and mice poison stashed around my rig, inside and outside lockers too. They come to visit where you live in it or not.

My neighbor was only gone 2 weeks and came home to find out rats had ripped her sofa apart to build nests inside her ductwork. Couch had to be thrown away and she is still trying to clean out mess in ductwork.

Back
Top Bottom