Water Leak coming up through floor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wassagoinon

I really need help! I have an ?03 C Tioga. I have been using the fresh water and now i am noticing the edge of the liv rm carpet near the stove getting wet as if its coming up through the floor. Is this something i should try to repair myself?

Hard to say where it's coming from. It's theoretically possible you have a split in a line directly below the floor which is making the floor and then the carpet wet. However, this much water leakage would also be dripping under the unit somewhere. Unfortunately there's no magic answer - the source of the leak has to be found and to do that you'll have to start taking things apart. Whether that's something you're able to do depends upon your skill-set.

? I figured as much. I checked underneath for water dripping and didn?t see anything but I could go under farther. I didn?t mention that where it?s coming up from the floor is directly in line with where the fresh water hookup is located.

Hi,

Did you check your plumbing connections as those will vibrate loose from going down the road and could be a source. Might be when you use the fresh water, drain is leaking down. Like Sun2Retire suggested, things may have to be taken apart for you to find the source. I'd also take a look under the rig and see if there is any evidence there. You might be able to pin point things. Good luck!

Our carpet started getting soaked, and it turned out to be the plastic line to the ice maker on the back of the fridge was cracked. Just an example that it could be leaking from anywhere as has been mentioned earlier.

Bill

Ok thank you for all your help. I will look around some more today since weather is going to be nice. ?

billwild said:
Our carpet started getting soaked, and it turned out to be the plastic line to the ice maker on the back of the fridge was cracked. Just an example that it could be leaking from anywhere as has been mentioned earlier.

Did you have to pull the fridge out to find that? I do have a check light on on my fridge. And seems as though water is looking up in areas inside of fridge.

Has it been raining a lot. Leaks can show up virtually anywhere. If it has not been raining, the source is probably from your water system. Being spring time, constant rain can cause leaks from above, and can show up far away from the leak source. Slides can also be a source of leaks if you have one on that side of the camper.

No fridge removal was necessary. There is an inspection panel on the bottom of the front of the fridge that I removed plus an inspection door on the outside as well.. I ended up just turning off the valve to the ice machine and that was that. We never did use the ice maker as I did not trust the water in most of the campgrounds we stayed at. Never had the water leaking again. As I understand it, one may have to remove the fridge to repair that plastic water line.

I had water leaking in to a storage compartment,  to trouble shoot it I taped the whole door and still got water in when it rained. Finding the leak was challenging. Eventually I found It was coming in at the roof edge and making its way in to the storage.

Had wet carpet in the LR, turned out the water pump was leaking. I never use the fresh water tank - live in an RV park - repairman says the pump gets water flow even when hooked up to city water.

What is on the other side of that wall?  Do you have a raised shower there?  It may be coming from underneath that.  I am just guessing because my shower is on the other side of the wall behind my stove.  There is an access panel in the bathroom.

Have had two issues in my RV causing "Water in the middle of the floor"

Water pump.. as above.. Hot water heater. about 100 Pin Hole leaks (And no I did not count) put in a new tank and back in hot water again.

Wassagoinon said:
I really need help! I have an ?03 C Tioga. I have been using the fresh water and now i am noticing the edge of the liv rm carpet near the stove getting wet as if its coming up through the floor. Is this something i should try to repair myself?

I found a loose water connection on shower fixture on my 2008 Tioga that was there from the time it it was built within 4 weeks of buying and using the RV,  months later I found another leak in a connection off the hot water bypass valve, again straight from the factory.  The previous owner never found the water leaks and ended up tearing out carpet and laying wood laminate flooring which started to have tiny buckles from the leaks before I fixed. The previous owner went as far as cutting a 1 1/2" hole in the floor in the sink cavity to allow water to drain out and how I found the 2nd leak when a wet spot appeared on my driveway where there should be none.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom