1999 Itasca Sunflyer 36L or 1999 Dutch Star M-3565-Spartan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ontheroadrv

Just wanted to get an idea of what your thoughts are on the 1999 Itasca Sunflyer 36L and the 1999 Dutch Star M-3565-Spartan. My husband and I are looking to purchase a motorhome to travel the country for a year and have decided we should get an older diesel. We are looking at potentially purchasing one of these two. Here are the specs:

1999 Dutch Star M-3565-Spartan:
84500 miles
Diesel Pusher, 300 hp Cummins engine, 6 speed allison transmission, exhaust brake
Michelin X tires, Hydraulic leveling jacks
7000 watt diesel generator
Large Living room slide,
Plumbed for washer/dryer
2000 watt Inverter
Plumbed for air brakes on tow vehicle
New: water pump and thermostat, generator full service

1999 Itasca Sunflyer 36L:
54000 miles
Cummings ISB motor
Onan 7500 diesel generator (1,154 hours)
Hydraulic jacks
Fiberglass roof
New: tires, batteries

The Dutch Star is around $6K more. They are both in great condition cosmetically, but I like the layout of the Dutch Star a little more. My question is if there is a significant difference in these RVs that would warrant paying that much more for the Dutch Star based on the specs provided? Would appreciate any insight on these two motorhomes or any issues with the year and make I should be aware of prior to purchasing. Thanks!

Assuming both are in good shape, I'd go with the Dutch Star. It's a higher end coach, and was built better than the Itasca -- probably has more amenities, as well.

Larry N. said:
Assuming both are in good shape, I'd go with the Dutch Star. It's a higher end coach, and was built better than the Itasca -- probably has more amenities, as well.

And the fact that you like the floor plan better is a big deal, you?ll be spending a lot of time in it. Re the washer/dryer, they?re expensive (~$1K) but I wouldn?t be without mine. Re the genset in the Dutch Star, is it a Power-Tech?

Thanks for your input! I'm leaning more towards the Dutch Star, but now have another RV i'm considering. Too many choices! Picking one is going to be really hard.

I would try to find one stored inside (not many) and one with full maintenance records

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opal6502
Back
Top Bottom