Mahoney's Pacific NW summer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rhmahoney

Having split off trom the Brewers, I am going to have to start my own trip log!

The plan is Country Coach factory repairs for this week.
Silverleaf glass dash install
Penninsula glass in Portland area, measurement for window replacement
Moses lake to visit Brinks
Puget sound
Oregon Coast
Country Coach factory rally in Albany
Winchester bay with Brewers in between rallys
FMCA rally in Redmond
Rush home to Iowa in late August

5/29. Left Boise ID and crossed the desert of central OR on hywy 20
At Bend turned south and overnighted at a truckstop in La Pine OR

5/30 To Crater Lake on a clear road surrounded by snow cover and drifts over 12 ft deep! A clear calm sunny day with air temp of 60+F. The lake at 10 am was glassy smooth. Great for photography.
Down 138 to Roseburg. A nice gradule downgrade almost all the way, starting in snow and hitting several different microclimates along the way. In the rain forest zone I was assaulted by salmon flies suiciding loudly on my front end. These critters are as big as grasshoppers and have similar looking legs and abdomens.

5/30-6/2: SKP park in Sutherlin OR visiting Hepworths and Biningers

6/2 Short 67 mile run up to Country Coach factory. Junction City was hosting an antique and muscle car rally, so had many spiffyed up jalopies cruising about. After 5 PM they closed off the main street (hywy 99) for the attendees to cruise unimpeded. Unfortunately the hywy 99 traffic was routed past my coach...noisy, busy.

6/3 After lunch of clam chowder at McGraths, I found the American mattress co and ordered up a memory foam topped 78 x 60 inch mattress for the RV. I have been using a memory foam topper on my original mattress and ahve had all sorts of trouble keeping it in one place> Lorna Reiter sewed on a bunch of metal rings that has somewhat controlled the problem.

Rays, a new to Eugene grocery store, has a salad bar! First one I have found since Moab.

While chatting with a neighbor (Affinity, blown L tag axle Michelin tire with assorted bodywork damage, despite smartire), Bob Lee drives up looking for a customer who is not there. Says he is working 70 hrs/week. He looks good and even has a little expression in his face. He is driving an exquisite black Bentley sporty car and claims it is not to hot when down in Indio.

Wonderful report Russ.  Going over to Happy Trails to play a round of golf this week.  Does the Bear have enough food til you return in the fall?  LOL

Thanks for the travel log Russ.  Sounds like you have a big summer planned.  Wasn't that nice of Shaye to offer to feed your bear while you are away. ;D

Russ, you should have posted this earlier.....a truck stop in La Pine? You could have stayed at my parents place in La Pine. Much nicer than a truck stop and mom's a good cook !!! Not to mention full hookups!!

And doesn't Fred Meyer's in Bend have a salad bar? Or any Fred Meyer's?

Keep us updated on your travels. We'll be heading the opposite direction and will post if we see anything worth posting about :)

Wendy

Shayne, one rugrat every other week should do it.

Wendy, I was in travel mode and did not check out FM in Bend. Shoot, visiting your parents would have been nice. The Fm nearest here ( River road and beltline freeway NW Eugene) does not have salad bar.

So next time you'll remember Mom & Dad, also FM in Bend. Also, La Pine State Park is pretty nice. Of course, not when you're in travel mode !! We'll be in La Pine in August before or after the FMCA rally....another mini-rally? Also, there's a Wild Oats on Hwy 20 on the east side of Pilot Butte in Bend if you're ever looking for one. Don't remember if they have a salad bar but Mike had a wonderful Thanksgiving there one year when he was by himself.....they were sampling everything, including roast turkey.

p.s. Isn't every other week too often for rugrats?

Wendy

Russ

Thanks for the report and glad to hear you got a real memory foam mattress.  You will probably be much happier with that.  We arrived in Milwaukee on Friday after spending two weeks in the Twin Cities having fun with the granddaughters.  I even tried rock climbing at the gym but definitely have to work on the muscles for that.

Lorna  I thought about trying that once, but by the time I made up my mind I was to tired to attempt it. 

Russ,

Albertson's in Eugene has a great salad bar.  It's the one on Coburg Road.  Expect we'll see you before or at FMCA.

ArdraF

Bernie: Planning on spending any time at Newport Dunes?

Heavens, no! Talked with a neighbor here at CC repair CG who said they are charging realy outragious fees now.

Terry A. Brewer said:
Bernie: Planning on spending any time at Newport Dunes?

Heavens, no! Talked with a neighbor here at CC repair CG who said they are charging realy outragious fees now.

Terry

We have a 50% off coupon which should make it bearable :-\

BernieD said:
We have a 50% off coupon which should make it bearable :-\

That and $100 might get you 2 nights in the cheap sites :)

Ned said:
That and $100 might get you 2 nights in the cheap sites :)

The cheap sites were only $40 the last time we used the coupon, paid $100 for 5 nites 3 years ago. Yeah, I know lots of things have gone up over the last 3 years. :mad:

According to Trailer Life CG Directory, prices last year ranged from $55-185.  Undoubtedly higher this year.

Bernie

That wasn't me who responded on Newport Dunes....It looks like Russ Mahoney's style.

SOMEONE HAS HI-JACKED ME !!!!!

Bernie,

The last time we were there we could NOT fit our 40' Monaco in ANY site except the most expensive waterfront sites because non-waterfront 40' sites have a cyclone fence at the rear of the space that is "exactly 40' to the inch" from the front street pavement and our 40' Monaco is really 41 feet.  So we were in the $100 per night sites.  Also they were beginning to put permenant 1-1/2 story trailers in many of the sites.  Do they still allow smoking in the restaurant contrary to CA law?

Please let us know the status of the park now.

JerryF

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skibumbob
Back
Top Bottom