Longview Towing Mirrors

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PearlyGirl

Hi all, We are in Ontario Canada, looking for longview towing mirrors for a 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee.... I am looking online and see that many of the (recommended) slip-on types do not fit a 2017 JGC.... and we have been advised that the clamp on ones will require frequent tightening. Any advice on these 2 different types? I have emailed etrailer.com to ask if they can make custom slip-ons and if so, at what cost... but I would love it if anyone could weigh in on their experience with various mirror additions. Many thanks! We pick up our trailer from the dealer in 2 weeks and will be moving it down the road to a campground for 2 months, so have a bit of time to figure this out.

I used the longview on a Ram that didn't have tow mirrors.  They worked well enough.  A little shaky, but they stayed put.
The clamps didn't fit my mirrors correctly, so I had to jerry rig them, but other then that for the money they functioned.

I used clamp on mirrors for several years on my pickup truck and never had any problems with them loosening.  I think I'd use the clamp on mirrors for now and if it really becomes a problem then go spend the big bucks on mirror replacement.

I used these from Walmart:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Cipa-10202-Tow-Mirror-Clip-On-Chevy-gmc/207956298 

$40.00

Thanks...the ones you bought for $40 from WM are the ones I would prefer but they do not fit a 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee.... have bought 2 ratchet clamp on mirrors from Canadian Tire but neither fit. The mirrors would blow off on the highway. Perhaps may need to suffice and rig them custom-like.

I have been using McKesh mirrors from Hensley Mfg. work great, don't shake, can be adjusted for width of trailer. Usual take them off once at destination. https://hensleymfg.com/product-category/mckesh-mirrors/

Back
Top Bottom