rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Fridge Defend
RV Life Magazine RV Park Reviews RV Trip Wizard

Author Topic: The Full Time RV Philosophy -- Is it worth it?  (Read 2480 times)

ladiekali

• ---
Re: The Full Time RV Philosophy -- Is it worth it?
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2018, 10:19:31 AM »
Fulltiming philosophy. ..

The pets and perks.

I love traveling with my dog. You would be shocked how many folks get into RVing simply because their pets go with them and there is no ridiculous hotel surcharge for having one or two with you.

thanks for your post. I havn't started yet. we just made the final decision though. And your expressed feelings here are many of the same feellings I have. but I'm just speculating mostly. This feels like a confirmation of my gut feeling.

My challenge will be amount of pets and 7 year old child.
I still feel the pros outweigh the cons.

Ernie n Tara

• ---
  • Life is Good - Together
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2018, 10:10:50 AM »
Several points:

The sense of community found in most, if not all rv parks/resorts is much better than found in most neighborhoods I've lived in. We have more and closer freinds than previously.

Mobility is convenient, particularly in the case of approaching hurricanes or similar events. We fled Irma last year and on return found the two large pine trees previously within two feet of the mh were now gone.

Travelling with the seasons allows many experiences we would otherwise miss. Running the intermediate trails in Moab UT with rv freinds in our Jeep is a prime example.

Most of the areas others have noted above are also part of the attraction.

On a final note I expect to spend between five and six thousand a month now that we've finally sold the home place. We found we were there one to two weeks a month there.

Ernie

Ernie 'n Tara

2011 Winn Journey 34y
2012 Jeep Rubicon - Dozer (orange - kinda)
2006 Jeep Wrangler

TrueArrow83

• ---
« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2018, 01:46:31 PM »
My husband and I travel for work.  He works in the oil industry, but I have never liked being separated while he's working.  We used to stay in hotels, for months at a time...lame!

We got a Bighorn 5th wheel, and have never been more happy.  Traveling all over, with a 1yr old is no big deal.  I have a washer and dryer, my own kitchen and bed.  We plan to homeschool our son.  When there is a day off we can go see some sights.  It's really awesome.

SarniaTricia

• ---
« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2018, 03:27:31 PM »
DearMissMermaid mentioned: buying old, I totally agree! but ....

..... I suggest one step further and rent  .... pack up and head out for 2-4 weeks on vacation.... pick a one spot and go from there (if you want)

Experience it a bit before deciding.... You can rent Travel Trailers and Motor Homes....

I don't Full Time, but I am out at least one weekend a month with my hobby ... having the TT means I pack a small overnight bag and go... everything else stays in the camper...<3
Driving a 2000 Astro Van - On the hunt for a new TT under 3,000lbs
Camping to relax and attend rabbit shows!
Home: Amherstburg, Ontario, Canada