Broken Slide Motor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lone_star_dsl

We took our first trip of the season and ended up with an issue.  As my wife was retracting the kitchen slide, the slide motor broke off the bracket that holds it in place. Upon further inspection, the three tabs that clock the motor had broken off and the threads for the bolts stripped out. Luckily we were able to get the slide in and locked down for the trip home.

I began looking for a replacement motor and the price is outrageous. Nearly $500 in some cases. Does anybody know of a replacement for an Adacel Technologies P1DB1259 that won't cost an arm and a leg?

In the mean time, I'm going to see if the broken tabs can be repaired and the bolt holes re-threaded.

Try a RV salvage yard. We have a list of them in the forum library.
As far as the threads, it sounds like they stripped out of a female hole. If that's the case, you won't be able to salvage them. What you may be able to do is go to the next size larger bolt, drill out the bad threads with the appropriate size tap drill and tap new threads. This may also require you to drill out the holes in the motor.
It's hard to visualize what you have without seeing pictures.

Could potentially drill them and install helicoils also. If you don't feel comfortable with it any automotive machine shop will be familiar with them.

There was a person on another forum that I'm on that had made a repair plate out of some 1/2" aluminum to fix his Adacel  motor. Here is an image of it.

Attachments

• chuck_2-14733639394[1].jpg
    chuck_2-14733639394[1].jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 31
Thanks for all the input, everyone. Adacel actually emailed me back and I'm able to buy the mounting plate from them for $50. Unfortunately, shipping would take a few months as it would be coming from China on a boat.

After some trial and error, I think I may have a mounting solution that should work for quite some time.  I'll report back with the finished product.

Do you mind sharing your solution or at minimum the contact info regarding the adapter plate?  I have the same problem on my '07 Carriage and am grasping at straws!

Back
Top Bottom