US 24 from Colorado Springs to Frisco CO in August

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I hope you're actually looking for I-70 at Frisco. I-80 would be in Wyoming. I've not taken that road, so I can't say for certain, but it'll be fairly slow going, especially with much of it being uphill. It's probably doable, but I'd rather hear from someone who's taken the route.

On the other hand, if you're actually looking for I-80, I'd suggest I-25 to I-80 (at Cheyenne) or maybe I-25 to CO-14 W. to U.S. 287 from Ft. Collins, CO to Laramie.

I haven?t driven the section from COS to junction with Hwy 285, but I wouldn?t think there would be any issues there. The steep parts over the passes are between Leadville and I70. The day I took delivery of my trailer in Grand Junction I drove this route from I70 south to Buena Vista. I remember being nervous as I had never towed a trailer before, but I don?t recall anything that would give you a problem.

We explored this area in 2009 in our 40' DP.  Your route was all good road.  Nothing real steep, I don't remember any of the grades being more than 7%, most 5% or less.  It is mostly 2 lane, but normal highway width. You do get up to 9,000 feet or higher where 24 meets 285.  This is a much more enjoyable drive than going up I-25 to I-70 and then west. 

I love driving that run. The Wife hates it.
Though do you mean US-24 to Minturn? For Frisco you would want to take SR-9 out of Hartsel through South Park, over Hoosier Pass.
that's doable, too, but then you get to deal with Vail Pass.
If you have the horsepower, which it looks like you do, it's a fine, if maybe a tad slow, drive. Though check with CODOT for construction and such before launching.

Like others here we love the scenery on US-24 through Leadville.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom