Travel trailers, 5th wheels, no slides

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

frank_a

The title says it.  Is anybody making travel trailers anymore without slides?  I know fiberglass trailers (like Scamps, Casitas, Escapes, etc) don't have slides, but I'm wondering if there are other manufacturers making non slide towable RV's.  We're old fashioned campers, and do not need something huge (current trailer is 15', would like to go to around 20'), but want one with a queen size bed at one end and dinette at the other end.

Any ideas? 

Thanks!

Frank

Why wouldnt you want slides?  Once you spend a night in one with a slide out you would be amazed how much more comfortable they are.
But to answer your question, there are a few that still make them.  You probably need to do a web search for the major brands to see what is offered.

Ha ha ha!  Don't want additional problems mainly.  Know too many folks who have problems with slides.  Too old, have had too many non slide trailers!  Besides, I camp to be outdoors, not in...

Have tried a web search with no luck.  Thought maybe somebody here would know.  I'll keep looking.

Thanks!

Frank

Hi Frank,
Look at keystonerv.com website. They offer a bunch of travel trailers with out
slide outs. I'm sure you will get some ideas.

Frank,
Here is one example.

https://www.keystonerv.com/travel-trailers/hideout/floorplans/21fqwe/

We've been looking at Sonic travel trailers (made by Venture RV) and they have some floorplans around the size you're looking for without slides.

I have a Northwood Nash 17k which has no slide. No slide was also one of my criteria when looking for a trailer. It is 17? box, 22? overall. I have had it since 6/28/17 and travel fulltime. I?m solo and is plenty big enough for me. I love the rear dinette with huge picture window. Also the kitchen has great counter space which was a big plus for me. The front bed is a full size queen but is placed sideways. So it isn?t walk around.

There are very few models now without a slide and they are usually the smallest model the mfr makes.

frank_a said:
Ha ha ha!  Don't want additional problems mainly.  Know too many folks who have problems with slides.  Too old, have had too many non slide trailers!  Besides, I camp to be outdoors, not in...

Have tried a web search with no luck.  Thought maybe somebody here would know.  I'll keep looking.

Thanks!

Frank

Yeah, I understand. The first unit we had was an older one with no slides. The second one we got was slightly larger, and I specifically chose one with no slides for the reasons you mentioned. We currently have a 30 foot arctic fox travel trailer with two slides.

The only issue we have noticed is that it is harder to heat a trailer with slides in very cold weather. There is far more surface area, and in our bedroom slide, there is a little bit of a leak at floor level. No water problem, just cool air. When we camp in the very cold weather, we just leave the slides in. Our trailer has a floor plan that allows that.

Something else you can consider is resale value. Trailers without slides are hard to give away these days, let alone sell.

If you can get a quality unit that has slides, you probably will not have any issues with it.

Frank.

Of course one of the highest quality trailer brands does not do slides. They are made of shiny aluminum and are expensive with a high resale value.

SuwanneeDave said:
Of course one of the highest quality trailer brands does not do slides. They are made of shiny aluminum and are expensive with a high resale value.

You mean like the photo posted below?  ;)

Attachments

• airstream.jpg
    airstream.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 30
Our Arctic Fox 22G doesn't have slides. Has queen bed in the front, but dinette is on the curb side, not in the back. Full bath in the back of the 22G.

frank_a said:
The title says it.  Is anybody making travel trailers anymore without slides?  I know fiberglass trailers (like Scamps, Casitas, Escapes, etc) don't have slides, but I'm wondering if there are other manufacturers making non slide towable RV's.  We're old fashioned campers, and do not need something huge (current trailer is 15', would like to go to around 20'), but want one with a queen size bed at one end and dinette at the other end.

Any ideas? 

Thanks!

Frank
You have at least one answer in your original message. The Escape 19 has a queen bed in the back and a four person dinette up front. Very nice layout. No slides. Fiberglass, few chances for leaks. Yes, we have one and love it.

Hugh

currinh said:
You have at least one answer in your original message. The Escape 19 has a queen bed in the back and a four person dinette up front. Very nice layout. No slides. Fiberglass, few chances for leaks. Yes, we have one and love it.

Hugh

The Escape 19 is a nice trailer!  If I were looking now I would consider it. What put me off the Escapes was not having a dry bath and also the delivery schedule. I love my Nash but if there s one thing I would change it would be to get a lighter trailer that I could tow with a smaller vehicle.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom