A camping map to rule them all?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KodiakJack

Hey folks.

Have any of the various RV clubs or forums or such ever put together a comprehensive map of all the places to stay? Ideally an interactive map that would allow you filter the results from high end camp grounds, all the way to Walmart?s? And something that would include Canada for those of us up here?

My grand dad turns 102 in a couple weeks, and we?d like to go visit him in Barry?s Bay, Ontario. I know there?s parks ive seen in the area in the past, but it looks like many of them don?t have a website. Or at least one updated this millennium...

So what do you say? What?s your go-to resource when choosing your next stop?

Look at AllStays Camp & RV. If you have an Apple product you can download the app. If you have an Android you need to go to the website. They have a map of pretty much all campgrounds though you have to zoom in a lot to see them. Then you click each dot to find out more information.

Allstays shows several campgrounds not too far from Barry's Bay. Wish grandpa happy birthday from us at the forum.

UTTransplant said:
Look at AllStays Camp & RV. If you have an Apple product you can download the app. If you have an Android you need to go to the website. They have a map of pretty much all campgrounds though you have to zoom in a lot to see them. Then you click each dot to find out more information.

Well that?s pretty much exactly what I was after. Thanks!!

KodiakJack said:
I know there?s parks ive seen in the area in the past, but it looks like many of them don?t have a website. Or at least one updated this millennium...

That, or the only site they have is Facebook. For us non Facebook users/members, it's pretty annoying to to find out info. I tried on my grandson's Facebook, and still found it annoying, and can't get rate and availability info there like on a regular website. Facebook seems really clunky to me. I can't figure out the appeal of it.

Yes, Allstays is indispensable.  If I didn't already have an Apple device to run the app, it would be enough to make me get one.  They used to have an Android app, but pulled out of that platform last year.  There's an explanation on the website as to why they did.  It appears that if you have Android, you can subscribe to the "Pro" web-based version and run that through your browser, but that subscription is $30 a year.  (Still probably worth it) 

Try RV Park Reviews parkreviews.com/ You plug in the name of a town and it gives you a listing of all places that have reviews within 20-50 miles or so of the town.  Not exactly a map.  On the other hand it gives you a good idea of what to expect to find when you go to the RV Park. 

About places that don't have a website......Well, while there are very few mom & pop places that can be very nice, I really want to closely check out a place w/o a website before staying there. 

Of course, I try to closely check out a place with a website, as website photos and descriptions can be miss leading.

I like to use Google Earth to get a pretty close aerial view and then switch to street view to view a 360 degree view from the streets surrounding the place.

Rvparky app.  Great for finding campgrounds, Walmarts, Pilots/Flying J, Loves, TA, rest stops, and Cracker Barrels.  Those are the ones that I can remember off hand.

Back
Top Bottom