I need a new backup camera

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blw2

My camera has moisture in behind the lens.  i never have really liked the thing anyway.  It was fine in daylight, but It's horrible in low light and at night, always has been.  I can barely see the bikes on my rack, like the LED emitters are overpowering the image, and even when the lens was perfectly clean.  If it was dirty it was even worse.  I even checked a long time ago to make sure it didn't have some plastic lens protector left on it form when it was new....

The camera I have is a hardwired 'square' one, looks just like the one that comes with this system
https://www.campingworld.com/rear-view-safety-backup-camera-system-with-side-cameras?rrec=true

It's displayed on the in-dash stereo

Any recommendations for a good replacement? 

Surely there's something out there that has better night vision.  I'd honestly think that a camera with no infrared emitters at all would be better, just a good lens and low light photo sensor like you get even in old tape camcorders. 

Either way, but if I have to replace teh thing I don't want to spend a mint on it but I want something that works better, if at all possible.....

I have the original in-dash Sony that came on my coach and it does a good job but in many ways I prefer the bluetooth back up camera for my Garmin 760.  It is mounted lower and I can aim it farther back.  I also like the guidelines/gridlines on it that the Sony does not have . Both are pretty good at night but the Sony is better

I use a Voyager. I prefer it to the one it came with.

This is what I use for my C class

https://www.furrion.com/store/cameras/vehicle-observation/vision-2-wireless-observation-system-with-mounting-bracket-p-916.html

Back in 2010, we replace our B&W backup camera system with a color one. Purchased it from RV Cams, Inc, Baton Rouge, LA, 877-378-2267. They were very knowledgeable and helpful. Probably where we would start if needed again.

Back
Top Bottom