Ely Minnesota Fall Lake rally 8-15 July

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We got here about 1:00. It was a bit of a challenge for these newbies to get the motorhome in the spot, but we did it even with the narrow roads. I went to the local market, and I saw Max and Eric haven?t arrived yet, but they were going to do some things on the way. Anybody who is here around 4:00 come down to site 25 for Happy Hour. I have some goodies, but BYOB if you want something g other than water, iced tea, or Coke.

If I wasn?t so bad at remembering to take pictures, this would be a more informative post! We all agree the campground is the nicest Forest Service campgrounds any of us have ever been to. All of our sites have 30 amp electrical service, separated from one another by thick trees, very roomy, and the campground has very nice bathrooms and showers. There are sites plent big for our 40? rig and Vickie and Mark got thei 42? 5W in a lovely non-reservable site. We have all done different things - some sightseeing, some fishing (I caught one little bitty 6? perch!), and a lot of just relaxing. Kevin and I have already made follow up reservations for September with our tiny pop up.

Tomorrow we are all planning on seeing a local music group at the Winton Roadhouse. Max and Eric are leaving Thursday so they can get some business done on Friday. Kevin and I are still deciding whether to leave Thursday and take a slight detour to Itasca State Park or stay here until Friday as originally planned.

At least I took one picture out of the front of the motorhome.

Attachments

• 54E815BA-2078-437E-BA43-D068B5AA5E53.jpeg
    54E815BA-2078-437E-BA43-D068B5AA5E53.jpeg
    119.2 KB · Views: 14
The little rally was great fun, but we all are leaving a day early due to other commitments. We all attended a Pat Surface concert at the Winton Roadhouse tonight - great fun, good beer, and ok food. We also got at least one half-way decent group picture. L to R you will see Mark and Vicki Shorter, Pam and Kevin Stalnaker, and Max and Eric Straughn. Max like Fall Lake so much she is thinking of having another rally here next year with enough notice people can actually get reservations. I am also including one snapshot of the sunset tonight in the north woods.

Attachments

• FA3AA1D7-5AF1-4ADA-8908-B5D84CB76DB1.jpeg
    FA3AA1D7-5AF1-4ADA-8908-B5D84CB76DB1.jpeg
    89.8 KB · Views: 20
  • DA04DCD7-50A0-4FBA-BCAD-9840F0C57982.jpeg
    DA04DCD7-50A0-4FBA-BCAD-9840F0C57982.jpeg
    148.4 KB · Views: 18
We had a great time the last few days getting to know Kevin, Pam, Max and Eric. Wish more people could have come. The Fall Lake Campground and the Ely, MN area is really very lovely. As we have an Alaska trip planned for next year, we won?t be able to return for a rally then. But we do plan to see Kevin and Pam at Death Valley in November and again at Quartzsite and hopefully Max and Eric at Quartzsite! Safe travels as we all depart today.

Vicki

Eric and I totally enjoyed the Ely rally at Fall Lake, MN.  We enjoyed meeting up with Pam and Kevin again and loved getting to know Vicki and Mark Shorter.  The Fall Lake campground was excellent and there are many great shops and restaurants to visit in Ely, MN.  This location would be a good opportunity for a future rally. 

Back
Top Bottom