Slide lock just makes a "clunking" sound and does not work

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Old Grape

Howdy all,
My 06 Tour passenger slide lock continues to malfunction. I just had the motor replaced and it worked two months ago when I picked it up. It has been parked for the last two months and the slide itself is creeping out at the bottom (continuous problem). So I tried to unlock the slide lock and all I got was a "CLUNK" sound and no movement. So I pushed the rocker switch the other direction (locking) and got the same noise. I have read some of the old threads here and think it could be that the lock is bound up due to the slide movement. Does that sound plausible to you all or what else could I check?

I seem to remember an old post where somebody got water intrusion on the locking mechanism? Not sure if that's your slide lock system or even if my memory is working properly  :p

On our Meridian the slide lock has a clean out on the outside of the slide.
It is on the outside of the slide, up high and it takes a pipecleaner to clean the gunk out. My husband doubles the pipecleaner over and runs it in and out a few time.
When we purchased our rig, it had sat for a few years and the clean out had never been cleaned. A bunch of junk came out that had been caught in there.
Hope this helps.

Make sure you have completely retracted the slide - if it is drifting out it may be putting pressure on the lock.  The last resort is you have to take the plastic cover off inside the slide (closet or cupboard) and I understand you can manually retract by spinning the nut, but I have not had to do that......yet.

And yes, if your cleanout plugs up, the water on the roof can come down inside the cupboard.  Here is a shot of what they look like:

Attachments

• Capture 10.JPG
    Capture 10.JPG
    49 KB · Views: 16
Back
Top Bottom