Replace water drain valve-2006 R-Vision Trail-Lite M-8306S

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gko

The plastic on my front end water drain valve broke. I removed the screws and there doesn't seem to be enough length on the tube so I can remove the valve without loosing the tube inside the floor of the camper. If you know this camper, it's sealed. This makes replacing the valve difficult. Any suggestions?

Hope this works and someone can give me a tip.

Attachments

• IMG_6916.JPG
    IMG_6916.JPG
    75.1 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_6590.JPG
    IMG_6590.JPG
    83.1 KB · Views: 17
First, welcome to the forum.
Even if it's sealed, there must be a way of dropping some of the belly which will allow you to get to the valve piping. Is your tank under the bed?
This may help you:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzYVNXqRaao

You cannot access the tanks from inside the camper, if that's what you're asking

gko said:
You cannot access the tanks from inside the camper, if that's what you're asking

How about from under the RV by removing a little bit of the belly. I just added a link to my previous post which may help you.

You're situation looks easier than mine. Sealed bottom.

Attachments

• IMG_6917.JPG
    IMG_6917.JPG
    99.2 KB · Views: 16
You may need to remove the stabilizer jack. Then remove all the screws on the molding running along the edge and down the sides a couple of feet. Then you should be able to pull down the belly enough to work on the hose/valve

That does indeed look well sealed, but that does not mean it can not be opened.  Rene describes well how to gain access.  You simply will need to reseal with caulk when all is fixed and going back together.

I have a 2004 trail lite and my valve is identical to yours. I removed screws along the front and 1' down the sides. I was able to remove the valve and replace it. sure was just enough hose to put a clamp back on it. rescrewed the under belly and caulked the area I had loose. Took an hour or so to complete.

Thanks for telling me country. That's encouraging that the job was doable.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chewys79
Back
Top Bottom