Shower not draining

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bethie

So my hubby and I just bought our first RV and we absolutely love it but my husband went to take a shower and it?s not draining at all. The sink is draining just fine, it?s only the shower. Is there something we missed that would cause it to not drain? Thank you!

Make sure the grey tank is empty (sometimes the br sink drains into the black tank). Otherwise the shower is just like the one at home; they get clogged up sometimes. Use a plunger or septic safe clesner (Drano or the ilk).

Ernie

RV shower drains are very small compared to those in houses.  They can be seriously affected by hair in the drain.  Look carefully at the drain to see if you can see "stuff" in there.  I use a large tweezers to remove it.  I also take the shower head, set to "strong spray" and put it up against the drain to act like a cleaning jet.

Be careful as to what you stick down there. You could have a HEPVO waterless trap and something sharp could damage it.

http://hepvo.com/

Do you have access to the bottom side to see what you have for a trap? If you do, just remove it. 
I'm also thinking the tank may be full.

I keep finding these long blond mouse nests in the drain and have to snake them out about once a week.  Eventually she has to run out of hair, wouldn't ya think?

Get this, it won't damage your pipes.

https://www.amazon.com/THRIFT-MARKETING-Instant-Drain-Cleaner/dp/B003JDQN10/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1525633143&sr=8-4&keywords=insta+drain+cleaner

I came here to say, yes, gray water tank is full... and also, perhaps your sensors aren?t working -I just went through the same situation.

Assuming you have a previously-used unit, then the most likely issue is hair clogging the drain.  I have long hair and have to use long tweezers every so often to remove hair clumps.  I try to be careful but it's impossible.  Even Jerry's very short hair shows up in the clog, so ALL hair can be a problem, not just long hair.

ArdraF

If you are sure the gray tank is not full. See if you can get at the trap under the shower drain and just unscrew it and clean what ever is clogging it out.
On all three trailers that I have had it was fairly easy to get at the traps.

Jack L

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nativoacai
Back
Top Bottom