Bugs - Keep Out!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NS Canuck

So far, I've only camped in Camp Driveway where bugs are not an issue. However, I've noticed a number of spots where velcro and flaps don't close completely. In addition, the mesh on the new PUP will not be small enough to stop those little tiny black ones that bite like the devil (we call them "no see 'ems in Nova Scotia). Not much I can do about the screens, but there are spots where blackflies and mosquitos can get in. Is there any way to seal that up or is it an issue?

Our Fleetwood also has some areas where you can see out.  Bugs could easily have gotten in, but we've used it lots and it has never been an issue. 

That's good news and reassuring.  I got a suggestion from someone that small pieces of sponge can be squished into these kinds of spots and are very effective.  I like that idea much better than duct tape.  I"ll carry some bits of sponge in case it does ever get to be an issue.  Sponges can be handy for lots of things and they are light and compactable so it should not be a problem to carry them on board.

Back
Top Bottom