what's the compressor button do?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BigNormitasca

1976 Itasca c25c. This may sound like a silly question what what does the compressor do on the panel with the tank readouts when I push the button I hear the compressor kick on and I'm sure it has something to do with the water system but what is it actually doing when I push the button? Is it pressuring the system?

There are two types of water systems... One the fresh tank is sealed and pressurised, And the water is literally "Blown" to the faucets, toilets and showers.. IT is actually a very good, if rare, system.

The other kind the tank is vented and there is a eater pump. Which is technically a compressor as well but I've never heard it called that. so the button is likely what makes the water flow. .

Agree with John. Back in the 70's some RVs used a pressurized water tank to push the water to the faucets, so a compressor was used to generate the air pressure in the tank. Shortly after that time, all the RV makers changed over a a water system based on a non-pressurized tank and a demand water pump to maintain water pressure in the lines to the faucets.

So, the switch turns on the compressor that pushes the water to the faucets. If not on, the pressure in the water tank quickly drops and soon no water will flow from the faucets.

Back
Top Bottom