Main and Over Door Awning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marshall212

Good Morning,

All of a sudden my main and small over door awning quite working. I have checked the fuse inside the awning control box  and it appears good. However, none of the lights are lite on the box. What else should I check? I have looked at the box with  all the interior spade fuses and do not find one marked awning.

Thanks

Marshall

The labels on the fuses and breakers are not very reliable or complete, so I would start checking every one of them for a blown fuse.  The spade "mini" fuses have two electrodes on top that can be touched with the probes of a meter - use the ohms measurement to test continuity. Easier and more reliable than "eyeball" checks.

Mine did that once and I thought I was going to have to remove it so I could depart.  In the end I gave it a few of the old Emmett Clark from Mayberry approaches and smacked it a few times and it has worked ever since.  I think maybe it is dirty in there on the contacts or armature.

Not sure if you have encountered this and how new your coach is to you but if the engine is running it probably is disengaged. Yes it happened to me. Just thought I would mention it.

Back
Top Bottom