Fantastic Fan Problem in Glendale 5th Wheel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Metalman RVer

Still learning a lot about our new to us Glendale Titanium that we have owned for about a year now. The 5er has a Model # 6504R-414 Fantastic Fan which has not really worked the way it should & finally now it does not come on at all. It is a complex little gadget for a novice with lots of options, so not really sure where to look. The cover opens & closes ok when you hit the on button on the wall, but the fan does not run.  Last year it never worked on auto, just manual so we settled for that which was ok. It would be set on manual for several minutes & then I would go & hit the "in-out" rocker swich, then it would sometimes come on.............this year nothing.

I am wondering if it is a matter of changing out the whole unit, or is it better to just change out certian components?

Not sure how to go about testing or where to start.

Fuse looks fine, so dont think it is that.

Because it would work intermittently last year it leads me to believe it may be the control on the wall?

I have looked at quite a few you tube videos on the subject, but still not sure where to start.

We really like having a fan like this because of all the options that it offers when working properly, so want to take the steps to get it fixed.

There is a small push type switch under the lid that is probably stuck. With the lid open, you can access it from the roof. Cheap and easy fix. Sometimes you can pull it out and just lube it. Fantastic sent me a new one for free. The switch turns the fan off when the lid closes. Hope this makes sense.

Here is a link for one place to purchase one.
http://www.dyersonline.com/atwood-fan-tastic-vent-plunger-style-dome-switch.html?utm_medium=shoppingengine&utm_source=googlebase&gclid=Cj0KCQjwz7rXBRD9ARIsABfBl80V2YS6KfdH1mBsNd_Ce5Jr83alvzmAcig_GS6d70lthxG0uPQ0DJsaAtSbEALw_wcB

In our case, I thought there was something wrong with one of the Fantastic Fans, until I realized it was controlled by a thermostat on the wall.

Thanks for the reply's.  I will check out the button switch to see if it is functioning.  Re the thermostat, ours has two means of control, one thermostat (that way never has worked since we owned it) or manual control. The manual control worked part of the time last year, but not at all this year.

Just went out & checked it out again & opened the rain cover up & flicked the shut off switch a few times allowning it to "snap out" & it works fine now.  Must have been sticking a bit & when the rain cover opened slowly it wouldnt allow it to make contact.  We are ordering a new one to replace it.  Thanks.

Started having problems with the fan running again after freeing up the plunger a bit & experiencing some success on the Fantastic so ordered a new plunger switch & installed it today..........seems to work excellent now!

Back
Top Bottom