Underbelly fabric tape

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msw3113

Part of our rig's underbelly is fabric.  There is a zippered hatch to access the slide motor.  This zippered area was attached with an adhesive, which is losing its stickum.  I'd be grateful if anyone can point me to a source for a fabric tape that can repair the resulting gap; I hesitate to put much faith in duct tape or other locally-available choices.

Attachments

• underbelly zipper (Copy).jpg
    underbelly zipper (Copy).jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 35
Go to amazon and search    4" x 108' Mobile Home Flex Mend Belly Bottom Repair-Fix Underbelly Holes & Rips
Also probably available at most RV parts dealers.

One other thing. Using this tape for the belly fabric or eternabond on the roof requires prep and cleaning. The better you prep the better the results. 

I'll bet Gorilla tape would do it as well. That stuff is sticky. Buy yourGoo Gone at the ssme time in case you ever have to remove it.

Ernie

Re: cleaning and prep, will denatured alcohol do the trick?  Lacquer thinner?  Acetone?

Lacquer thinner and acetone dissolve many fabrics and plastic-based materials, so I would suggest mineral spirits instead. It cuts through most petroleum-based gunk and organic wastes without harming the surfaces.  Alcohol (denatured or otherwise) is good for somethings, mostly organic, but not very effective on road dirt & oils.

Maybe not "Neat and pretty, Mickey!" but certainly tidier and less apt to suck up road dirt.

Thank you all for your considered input!

Attachments

• underbelly repaired .jpg
    underbelly repaired .jpg
    16 KB · Views: 26

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom