motorcycle lift on 5er

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RichandLee

We recently traded our 37' Highland Ridge Highlander Toy Hauler for a 40' Jayco Pinnacle fifth wheel camper and would like to install a motorcycle lift/carrier on it. In our 3 1/2 month travels this winter, I did see a couple of these on fifth wheels altho most are on class A's. I know that I have to reenforce the frame rails and install a crossmember and mount points. Any bits of wisdom and experience would be helpful. If any one has done this, how much does it effect the towing dynamics and handling. I will be pulling this with my F350 Super Duty diesel.

I am sure others have tried it  but I sure wouldn't. That is a lot of weight hanging behind a frame and suspension that was never designed for it, I suspect the tail will wag the dog.

This may be an option for you. It would still require adequate frame/tow capability of the 5th wheel but would create less tongue weight than a lift: http://www.cruiserlift.com/swivelwheel

Welcome to the Forum!

I agree with Joe.  This system places most of the weight on the swivel wheel, not the back of the FW.  Sounds like a much safer and more simple system.

I think so also. it's too bad because I found a good complete Cruiselift system normally for Class A's for about $900 ( new would be about $2900). After looking at this Cruiserlift system made for 5ers, I think that is the only secure way to go. A LOT less weight off the back of our coach. By the time I put the supports and mount points in, we'll probably have about $4000 invested but it will be done much safer and dropping my custom bike on the roadway is not even a good thought. I'm going to put in the duel receiver system and it should work good. Thanx for the input.

I presently own one with a Rampage  12volt winch to haul the MC up the ramps. Looking to sell it because it is no longer used.

Back
Top Bottom