Holiday Rambler 40D Windshield Wiper Malfunctions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bill_Scott

Bought my 2018 HR Rambler 40D last June (2017). The left windshield wiper is malfunctioning. When using while driving, every third or fourth swipe on the high speed setting, the wiper blade will move out over the left pillar, get momentarily stuck and come flapping back with a large bang. You can actually see the top of the blade leave the windshield. The short story is that it is virtually unusable in heavy rain. At low speed it works fine. Dealer said they "fixed something" but it was absolutely no help. In heavy wind, you just have to park on the side of the road and wait.

However, yesterday, a bird pooped on the windshield. I pushed the mist button, no washer fluid came out, and an instant later there was a loud snap, and I saw the wiper blade flying past my driver's window and off onto the interstate. Glad I didn't kill anybody. Doesn't seem to be any damage to the wiper arm. I can get as new blade, but that's not going to stop it from happening again. The dealer is a two-hour drive, and I don't know what they can do any differently the next time. I think the motor is malfunctioning, but I am not sure that will even solve the whole problem.

Any suggestions?

Just about any decent auto repair shop or truck shop can work on your wipers. I certainly wouldn't take it to an RV dealer for work like that unless under warranty. Even then I would have to consider the alternatives to repair.

Thanks! Yes, it's under warranty, but it may not be worth making and appointment, spending $100 on diesel, and the whole day driving back and forth to the dealer. If the motor is the problem I may not have a choice. I was praying for advice on finding a better alternative.

I don't know what chassis you have, but there may be a matching chassis shop close to to or less than the distance to your dealer. I would trust them more than the RV dealer. I guess you can see I'm not the fondest of an RV dealer's shop.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom