License plate not visible?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BlkZrx

Friend has a new slide in truck camper.  License plate pretty well covered up.  No place to mount plate on camper.  Does it have to be visible?  I'm guessing (officer discretion)  8)

I don't know what the law is so all I could find is that it must be visible. All the states require a rear plate and only 19 do not require a front plate but the remaining states do require front and rear.

I'm surprised the truck camper is not set up to accept a plate. The one I had did have the bracket with a light which is also required by law by the way.  I use to take mine off the truck and put it on the TC. Check with the state DMV you live in. Now your state may not require it but the states you may drive through it may be a requirement. 

What brand and model TC is it?

Your friend has instant probable cause for a motor vehicle stop any time law enforcement doesn't see that plate.

Just about any auto parts store sells universal lighted license plate brackets at a nominal cost. One of our friends has his rear plate installed with bolts and wingnuts, for a no tools swap when he loads up the TC.

If there's a bumper that's a good spot. The laws in Calif. state a light, but I've never had a problem on any of trailers I own with no license plate lighted up. Other wise a rear facing window may work, a couple suction cups holding the plate in the window,,,gregg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7mark7
Back
Top Bottom