Two 12 v light fixtures out, where to start?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Troller4rbb

First post. I've been lurking, reading & learning. Lots of info to digest, almost feel like I'm in school again (after 30 yrs).
We bought a 2012 tt in Dec '17. It's a Keystone Bullet (281BHS). We're generally pleased and finally got the tanks to read empty thanks to some tips on the forum, thank you.
New issue. Two 12 v light fixtures stopped working within minutes of each other. They are both located in the slide-out, one above the sink and the other above the couch. I turned the one above the sink on and it flashed on then off. I was doubtful both bulbs would die simultaneously. I removed the lens cap & removed a bulb. I turned on the fixture above the couch & same thing, it flashed on then off. I checked the lights above the TV & they work. So I moved those two bulbs to fixture above sink, no work. I moved the sink bulbs to the fixture above TV & now they work.
Since both fixtures (4 bulbs) stopped working at basically the same time (but bulbs work) and they are both in the slide-out, I'm thinking somehow with the repeated in/out movement has damaged the wiring. What else could be damaged (water line....). But that's for another post.
Finally my question. How do I gain access to the wires for those fixtures?
Thanks in advance, Bill

Well I can think of possible issues. like fuses that failed (Not blown but failed, same effect differenc cause) you might check the fuses

Under the slide (usually) is a junction box or two. Romex in and flexible cable out or the other way around (one of each) and this has been teh problem on some RV's.. Odds of a problem between that box and the light are . .. Well not zero but close to it.

Thanks DET or DTW. That's what the wife thought. I pulled a fuse and a red "idiot" light came on. So I'm assuming the rest of the fuses are working.
I really do NOT want to take this to a shop. Can't imagine how they'd investigate this foreverrrrr ($$$$$).

I had a similar problem recently.  The red idiot lights are SUPPOSED to mean the fuse is blown.  I had one that "partially blew".  It passed enough current to keep the idiot light off, but not enough to light a bulb.

Bottom line:  You are not alone on this!

Back
Top Bottom