Winnebago Sightseer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We are still fairly new to our Winnebago.  Only took it out 2 times last year and just took it out for the first time this year. Any other Sightseers here that can share their knowledge.

Three suggestions for you. Look over the articles in the forum Library - there is a link near the top left menu.  They are general in nature but most should apply to your RV. Then look over the information in the Winnebago and Chassis Resources thread near the top of this Winnebago board - lots of Winnebago specific info there.

Then search this Winnebago board for Sightseer, you will have to sift through a lot of 'noise' but you should find some pearls.

I had an 05 29' model with two slides. It was a great coach on a Ford chassis. One mistake I made when it came time for tires I went up one load range and that was a mistake. Changed the ride and was too harsh over bumps.

I had to go up a load range (G>H) on our Horizon because we were right at the max weight limit on the front tires, I think the 2006 model year came with LRH.

As far as your rough ride, you need to weigh your unit and adjust the tire pressure according to the tire manufacturer's specification. I can run my front tires about 15 PSI under its max rating.

One mistake I made when it came time for tires I went up one load range and that was a mistake. Changed the ride and was too harsh over bumps.
Generally speaking, the Load Range has little effect on ride quality in a modern tire. Back in the day, the side walls got a lot stiffer as the LR went up, but modern belted radials use materials that are strong without being really stiff.  If the tire is inflated at the optimal value for the actual load, a tire with a one-letter higher load rating will ride very much the same as the lower one at the same load & psi.  However, tire shops rarely put in the optimal psi, which would require a scaled weight, or at least a calculated max load estimate. Instead, they use some arbitrary and high psi that will be sufficient for a worse-case scenario and that psi value is often based on the max load rating. Thus, you get excessive tire pressure when you have a higher load range installed. Unless you specify otherwise, that is.

tracemyirishroots said:
We are still fairly new to our Winnebago.  Only took it out 2 times last year and just took it out for the first time this year. Any other Sightseers here that can share their knowledge.
Is there any specific info you are looking for? 

We have a 2006 Sightseer 29R.  The floor plan has worked well for us for 4 years.  Nothing unique about the RV. 

Keep in mind there are probably 20-50 different models for the Sightseer as they change model numbers and floor plans frequently.  Some specific floor plans remain the same for several years in a row, others are only around for one model year.

Back
Top Bottom