I did it! 1994 Winnebago 27RC or Q

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DennisinMaine

After months of searching, mainly focusing on Class C's, we found our first motorhome and it is a Class A. Much older than I intended, it is a 1994 with 48,000 miles. It seems very well maintained and we got it below NADA book value and below our budget. With the money we saved, I should be able to make any necessary repairs and update the interior.
We are really happy. We are thinking about a couple of shake-down trips of 5-10 days (maybe starting with just a weekend a few miles away) over the next couple of months and then go to full time by late September.
One question: does any one know the difference between the 27RC and 27RQ? I am not sure which one I just bought.
Any thoughts, advice? Please don't say just cancel the deal unless you really have to save me.

Look at date code on tires.  If over seven years old replace them. Doing shakedown trips is smart.

A common thing to do is camp in your driveway for a weekend.  Anything you forgot or any problems are easier
to address at home in most cases.  Only negative might be you can't dump the black tank (and maybe gray) but you
shouldn't fill them in 2 days.

I agree that a 1994 unit is unlikely to have newer tires on it.  RV tires carry more weight than car tires and wear out from
the inside out - so tires that still look very good and are over 7-10 years old are running on borrowed time and many have
found out the hard way that good looking tires do fail and the damage they can cause to the RV is not minor many times.

My tires looked great at 3.5 years old and one blew out. Upon further inspection to the remaining tires there was no question about replacing them.

Back
Top Bottom