EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: My New Trailer Home  (Read 469 times)

Dreamsend

• ---
My New Trailer Home
« on: May 10, 2018, 07:11:49 AM »
Hello all from beautiful Salt Lake City.  Got my new 27BHS Outdoors RV on Monday.  Wanted to post pic but can't edit it to small enough size from phone here.  PDI was good, spent most of first nite doing  my own inspection and found only truly minor things.  All have been addressed by a great technician.  Everything is as I expected, but as you know I researched this to the nth degree.

Today will be my first driving experience.  Don't know how I'm feeling about that.  I'm running a day behind because in the middle of this 26 day, 4700 mile trip, I had to fly home to Indianapolis because no one could find my kitty cat. I was frantic with worry. Got to Indy at 2:00 a.m. Wed and found her outside!!!!  She had somehow flipped a screen latch and out she went. In 30 years of travel and cat sitters I  had never had that happen. Probably outside for 3 to 4 days.  Flew out of Indy at 4:00 p.m. on Wed. And got back here at midnight.  Too many airports and all that hassle.for this ole lady!

Tomorrow I leave for Oregon for Solar install.  What an adventure.
Linda with kitty Sara
2019 Outdoors RV Timber Ridge
27BHS
2017 Ford F250 Lariat aka Gypsy Rose

Sun2Retire

• Photo moderator
  • ---
Re: My New Trailer Home
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2018, 07:54:09 AM »
Best wishes on your new adventure and congratulations on your new rig (and Iím glad you found your kitty :) )
Scott
Fulltiming in a 2005 Newmar Dutch Star 3810, Spartan, Cat C7 350
Eezrv TPMS, VMSpc, 970W Solar, Tri-Metric Battery monitor
2002 Dodge RAM 1500 Quad Cab toad
Stowmaster towbar & Brakemaster toad braking system

grashley

• ---
  • Western KY for now.
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2018, 08:10:41 PM »
Sara just wanted to come along  ;)

Congrats and waiting for pictures!
Preacher Gordon, DW Debbie
09 Grand Junction 35 TMS  Progressive HW50C
Andersen Ultimate hitch
2013 F350 Lariat LB SRW Supercab diesel 4X4   TST TMS  Garmin 760
Nimrod Series 70 popup (sold)
It's not a dumb question if you do not know the answer.

jackiemac

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2018, 09:04:44 AM »
Congratulations Linda, safe travels, look forward to the photos!
Jackie n Steve - Happy Scottish Travellers

2017 Heartland Sundance 288rls
2016 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4L Hemi

Travelling in US until 30th October 2018

RedandSilver

• ---
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2018, 09:45:30 AM »
Wanted to post pic but can't edit it to small enough size from phone here.

Some phones you can select the size (MB) you want the photo taken at.
Select the smallest size and retake a photo of your RV and truck.

If none of that works PM me and I will send you my email address and then you
can send me the image via email and I can resize it to any size and then either post if for you
or send it back to you to post.

Congrats on getting the new unit and it working out well for you.
2002 Rexhall Rose Air  Cummins 8.3  350hp
West MI Summer   Central FL Winter

Dreamsend

• ---
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2018, 08:21:11 AM »
Thanks for the good thoughts all.  And thanks Redand Silver for the kind offer.  I looked and did find the function for setting a smaller picture size, so at my next good opportunity, I'll retake a pic.  Today is 100% rain (it's raining now) on my route so will be later for pics.

Best news is that I actually successfully towed the trailer 200 miles yesterday and lived.  The first 60 miles was in pouring rain, fog, and road spray from 75 mph traffic. Didn't matter, i drove 50 mph with my eyes practically glued to the mirrors watching where the trailer tires were going.  Made it in and out of gas station without damage, found a Les Schwab tire shop and stopped to have the lug nuts torqued as dealer instructed and landed for the nite at Rock Creek County RV Park outside of Twin Falls, Idaho.  Nice little place and I got a pull through site.  $20. with water and elec.  I know all these little things are so old-hat for you'all but they are major victories for ms. Newer-than-newbie here. :)

Had trouble getting sway bars off the hitch, but a kind gentleman came to my assistance.  Didn't have time at dealers to practice hitching-unhitching so it's just trial by fire as they say.  Thank the Lord for kind RVers!  It'll be fun hitching up in the rain today.  Yuck.  More later as the adventure continues. 

BTW -- Kitty Sara has become best buddies with the sitter and I am so relieved and happy about that!!
Linda with kitty Sara
2019 Outdoors RV Timber Ridge
27BHS
2017 Ford F250 Lariat aka Gypsy Rose

Sun2Retire

• Photo moderator
  • ---
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2018, 08:23:18 AM »
Best news is that I actually successfully towed the trailer 200 miles yesterday and lived.
:)) :)) ;)
Scott
Fulltiming in a 2005 Newmar Dutch Star 3810, Spartan, Cat C7 350
Eezrv TPMS, VMSpc, 970W Solar, Tri-Metric Battery monitor
2002 Dodge RAM 1500 Quad Cab toad
Stowmaster towbar & Brakemaster toad braking system

UTTransplant

• ---
  • Cedar Falls, Iowa
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2018, 10:16:24 AM »
The best advice I can give you for towing a trailer is to look ahead of you instead of looking in the mirrors at the wheels. If you look well ahead of you, you will automatically be centered in the lane and the trailer will be just fine. Body kinetics mean that when you look in the mirror you automatically move some that direction. Only use the mirrors to check,what is going on around you, not the trailer. Well, until you have to back in someplace!
Pam and Kevin plus Lily the cat
2018 Tiffin 37PA
2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk toad
http://toobusyforwork.com

grashley

• ---
  • Western KY for now.
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2018, 07:03:59 PM »
As Pam said, the TT WILL follow the truck!  A few glances to learn where the tires are when the truck is close to the center line or edge line are fine, but it stayed behind you the first 200 miles and it will do the same for the next 200,000 miles.

As a newbie to a large camper, I like your little victory stories!
Preacher Gordon, DW Debbie
09 Grand Junction 35 TMS  Progressive HW50C
Andersen Ultimate hitch
2013 F350 Lariat LB SRW Supercab diesel 4X4   TST TMS  Garmin 760
Nimrod Series 70 popup (sold)
It's not a dumb question if you do not know the answer.