Chains or Bars?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Buying a weight distribution hitch and want to know the difference and which is better, between blue ox sway pro and equalizer hitch. one has bars and one has the chain set up

One might give less sway control and the other is noisy, my choice is none of the above.

I don't think there is much, if any, practical difference.  An engineer could probably measure some differences in various situations, but would you ever be able to tell?

Theoretically, the fixed end of the Equal-I-Zer gives more effective anti-sway than the floating end of the chain.

thanks for the replies. I work for an rv company and from what ive gathered and noticed is that the chains prevent sway more but have a hard time stopping it when it starts swaying and that the bars dont prevent the swaying as much but do a lot better at stopping it when it happens. I just wanted to get some other opinions on it

The smart way is to balance the trailer properly and avoid sway in the first place. With a decent amount of weight on the hitch ball, say 12% of actual trailer weight, the chances of sway starting will be tiny.

Back
Top Bottom