Camping Plans for Summer are Complete! Yippee

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kportra

Let the fun begin (please!).  I finally finished our camping plans for the summer.  Yes - we plan.  We can usually only go weekends because I still work (boo :)(), so we do make reservations most of the time - even for forest service sites.  I can't wait to hit the road, then open up my camping chair, a book and a beer. :)  A total of 18 nights reserved and hoping to be able to slip in a few boondock weekends as well.

Excellent - I hope you enjoy the summer! We're right there with you - we plan well in advance. We made our first reservations on Columbus Day 2017 (for the same spot on Columbus Day weekend 2018) and had all of our other plans set in stone by March. We've booked 24 nights ranging from state parks with just electric to a couple of "resort" type spots and everything in-between. At the last minute we also decided to go to a local KOA 2 weekends ago with some friends and hope to squeeze in one more weekend in August depending on Kim's work schedule.

Planning is a lot of the fun for me. I have had all of my "firm" plans on the calendar since October 2017.

Ditto. Columbus Day is booked a year in advance, or we're not getting a site. The rest of the season is carved in stone by January and vacation days requested.

Right now we're on our second outing of the season, at our favorite CoE park.

I'm so jealous of camping through Columbus day.  We are usually winterized before then and really camp from Memorial Day to Labor Day  :'(

We plan and reserve. One reason, and most important, is we like to have our space guaranteed. Second reason is that reservations "force" us to go away each month. Otherwise we may say we are going away next month, but then something different may come up, or rainy, etc. This way we go no matter what.

We started with monthly trips in  February and have reservations every month through October.  All are 2, 3 or 4 nights in different Florida locations, from Key Largo to St. Augustine and Cedar Key to Crystal River, and a week in July in North Carolina.

I called a half dozen RV Parks on the coast of Oregon yesterday, and nearly every spaced is booked. I found one space available for the dates I requested. It is a changing time, from the days of yesteryear when you could almost guarantee a spot in your desired location without reservations to today when booking a year in advance is becoming the new normal.

John Beard said:
I called a half dozen RV Parks on the coast of Oregon yesterday, and nearly every spaced is booked. I found one space available for the dates I requested. It is a changing time, from the days of yesteryear when you could almost guarantee a spot in your desired location without reservations to today when booking a year in advance is becoming the new normal.

We like to be spontaneous so this is not so good.  We haven't had many problems, although the Oregon coast took quite a few phone calls I must admit.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urnwholesaler
Back
Top Bottom