Oil light on at about 5K

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KandT

Another issue on my list.

My mechanic said to change the oil every year or 10-12,000 miles.  The Winnie oil light came on at about 5,000.

What's everyone doing with a Cat C7?

KandT said:
Another issue on my list.

My mechanic said to change the oil every year or 10-12,000 miles.  The Winnie oil light came on at about 5,000.

What's everyone doing with a Cat C7?
I'm not aware of any 'oil light' indicating that the oil should be changed, and I have the same 2005 Vectra 36RD w/CAT C7 (purchased new).  What light exactly are you talking about?  How is it labelled?

cbeierl said:
I'm not aware of any 'oil light' indicating that the oil should be changed, and I have the same 2005 Vectra 36RD w/CAT C7 (purchased new).  What light exactly are you talking about?  How is it labelled?

It?s on the backup camera screen and it is designated as an oil can.  For a newbie to the rig it is a real pain to get turned off! ;)

It is a GREAT rig but the previous owner just kinda stopped the small upkeep things.  It had 15k miles on it and now just over 20k. 

KandT said:
It?s on the backup camera screen and it is designated as an oil can.  For a newbie to the rig it is a real pain to get turned off! ;)

It is a GREAT rig but the previous owner just kinda stopped the small upkeep things.  It had 15k miles on it and now just over 20k.
You must have the TripTek computer then, because I don't and I don't have any such light.

Yep - that?s what it says - not too useful.  Have you been changing oil at 10k??

KandT said:
Have you been changing oil at 10k??
I'm running a C7 and have been changing at about 10, however I'm thinking about reducing that to more like 7 - seems pretty dark (dirty) by 10K. If you're not doing this already, I would suggest an oil analysis with every change

I don't put that many miles on in a year but ours is used ''year around'' so this year after 4500 miles and 2 years later I changed oil and sent in a sample. Wait to see what Blackstone tells me.

Back
Top Bottom