Cats with Claws & Screens - Not a Good Match

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ppet

We will soon be traveling with our 2 elderly cats that have not been declawed. I'm concerned about what they will do to our screens.

I've seen that some people cut out plexiglass to fit in the screen door to protect it from pets. However, in our RV, all the window screens are on the interior of the RV. As a result, our cats will have easy access to them and will destroy them.

What have others done to protect screens???

Do your cats scratch the screens at your home? What do they normally use to scratch on? Just make sure they have access to the same stuff they have been using before.

We've had good luck with our 2. They have 2 scratching posts that we take for them and
so far they have never scratched the screens. Try using their scratching posts from home
and it might work out.

I live full time with three cats and in the kitchen I have two scratching posts nailed to the wall. All three cats use both posts almost every day and none of them have ever scratched a screen. In fact one of them has gotten so destroyed that I have to replace it soon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006B4HYF8/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Back
Top Bottom