2015 Winnebago Vista 35F

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kcgrant43

Looking for suggestions for modifications to chassis for more comfortable ride and better handling. Have driven from Georgia to California and back three different routes. Encountered a lot of rough roads, mainly within city limits.

Hi and welcome to the forum.  I have moved your post so that the Winnebago experts can give you some advice.  Good luck.

Do you have specific handling issues you want to deal with?  What chassis (weight rating) and how long is your rig?  Are you towing anything?  Have you done anything to help the handling, yet?

This may help you:

http://www.rvforum.net/miscfiles/MH_Steering_Handling_%20Primer.pdf

First thing we always advise is to have your unit weighed, ideally each wheel position. Second best is weighing front and rear axle, then adjust your tire pressure according your weight and the tire manufacturer's recommendation. Each axle should be carrying the same percentage of rated capacity. For example if your front axle capacity is 10,000 and the weight slip shows 9,000 pounds, that axle is carrying 90% of its rated load. Assume your rear axle is rated 20,000 pounds, it should be carrying 90% of its capacity or 18,000 pounds.

If your weight distribution is nominal, tires inflated properly and you still have handling issues, it's time to have the chassis looked over to rule out the possibility of a suspension problem. If your chassis gets a good health report, then you can investigate aftermarket products.

Henderson's Lineup and/or 3Ts can provide good advice.

Addendum: If your Vista has a long overhang past the rear axle, that will cause the "tail wagging the dog" situation. A long wheelbase and short overhang past the rear axle (like most diesel pushers) provides the best driving experience.

Our previous coach was a 2013 Vista with bunks. While traveling out west the first time the wind and semi draft was terrible. I did some research and ended up putting a trac bar on rear axle. Made it drive 100% better. I couldn't believe it. I built my own for under $100 bucks. There are some manufacturers that sell them. It has been awhile but I think they were around $500-$600.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom