Placing RV Cover

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

j12simm

I live in Tucson, AZ and the sun pretty much discolors everything left out. That being said, we bought an RV cover for our new trailer. I put it on for the first time yesterday and it was a nightmare. I will mostly be doing it by myself and the roof to my trailer isn't designed to be walked on. Does anybody have a trick that can make this task a little less painful?

I haven't tried this myself, but I have read that you can use a "helper", by attaching a couple of ropes to any available corners or through grommets.  This will allow you to now pull the cover, front to back or back to front.
This may take a few tries to position it over air conditioner or other vent covers.

We bought a fifth wheel and the first year we had to store it outside. Luckily had a young nephew put the cover on, but still a nightmare. Eventually found a place to store the RV inside until we built a pole barn to keep it in. Totally feel your pain.

To each his own but I suspect you may be overly concerned. We stay where it's hot as a matter of policy and haven't seen any problems with sun fading on our rig (s) or others. I'll note that decals may be a different thing but then there is the cover being blown around and wearing off the decal/paint.

JM2C

Ernie

Sadly there is no easy way, however, I started taking pictures of how I rolled up the cover so I could remember which way was front/back to make it easier for the next time. I also used a couple of cheap ratchet straps from Harbor Freight to compact, and make the cover easier to carry and manage.

I suppose it depends upon what you have up top.  I have a cover that I put on in the winter, but I cannot imagine doing this without going up on the roof.  Could you put some plywood down on the roof to walk on?  On my roof the first thing I have to do is unscrew a couple of antennas that would hang up the cover if I simply tried to slide it from one side to the other.  The satellite antenna and the HD antenna would also hang it up if I were not up there. I also get hung up on the thing that sticks out from the ends of the awning.  If your roof is really smooth I would try to fling a weight over the top with a cord attached and repeat this from back to front, then pull the cover up with these cords.  I once had the thought of using my drone to fly these cords over the top, but never gave that a try.  That said I can easily imagine using my drone to watch from below how the cover was progressing along the top as I stood at the bottom pulling on the cords.

Back
Top Bottom