Addting a grey and black water tanks to Class-B Camper Van

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

andonso

Hello,

I recently purchased a 1988 Class B E-150 Okanagan Camper Van.

For it's age is in fairly good shape and runs well. I'm  still waiting to move it to my property and haven't yet  thoroughly inspected the van.

It does have a sink, freshwater tank, lpg tank, connection cord for 120 VAC shore power and what appears to be a small dist.  panel with a converter / charger. I haven't yet look at the electric. Most likely an older Parallax dist. panel, I did see a couple of 120 VAC receptacles that was part of what appeared to be an older late 80's Parallax Dist. Panel  for a B-Van.

However it doesn't have a toilet and black water tank, and I didn't see any grey water tank. All I saw was a pipe and valve to connect a hose to drain grey water from the sink.

Anyway I'm trying to figure out what  size black and grey water tanks would fit a 1988 Ford E-150 Camper Van? Also where would one be able to mount and install them?

I really need to jack up the E-150 and perform measurements of the undercarriage. But am posting a few questions to get an idea what size and dimensions black and grey water tanks would actually fit under a third generation Ford E-150?

The 1988 E-150 is a third generation Econoline cargo van with a 138 inch wheel base.
Has a 302 cu in (4.9 L) Windsor V8 and a 4 speed AOD transmission
Comes stock  with 15 inch wheels and 235/75 tires.

That's the small version of the E350 (138" wheelbase).  It seems doubtful that there will be room anywhere for a gray or black tank. They probably would have included them if there was room.  And then there's the problem of finding a way to run pipes to/from the tanks.  I'd suggest just using an a portable gray tank and a cassette-type toilet (which it probably had when new).

A portable waste tank:  https://www.amazon.com/Barker-11104-Tote-Tank-Capacity/dp/B000V55NAQ?th=1

Cassette toilet: https://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=cassette+toilet

In our B we use a Pak-A-Potti IV (really a Thetford Porta Potti) that has a 2.4 gallon fresh water tank and a 6.1 gallon black water tank.  It works out very well.  I do try to empty the bottom tank every three days ...... a full 6.1 gallon bottom tank does weight a few pounds and a half filled tank is easier to transport.  I also found a small spot under our van to fit a 6 gallon gray water tank.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom