Hepl. Need slide out advice before expensive repairs.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

samthetramp

I have a 2010 Primetime Tracer executive 29' TT that I use full time for work. It has either a 12 or 14' slide box that if fully extended will hang up badly at the bottom when retracting. The top would come in about 6" before  the bottom would move at all so for 2 years I just didn't extend it all the way. It would still hang up but not as badly upon retracting. It has steadily gotten worse and now it bogs the motor down and stops for a few seconds then the bottom will pop in and it will retract. I noticed the bottom cables were loose so I had the adjusted. Service guy said all good now. Not the case. It still hangs up and bogs the motor. RV guy says the wear bar may have collapsed and needs replacing. I'm fairly sure it's a Norco Accu trac system from the pics I seen and it is a Norco drive motor for sure. The accu trac schematics show 3 rollers at the bottom of the slide entry. i can't find any pics of the slide box itself or what might attach to it at the bottom. there has to be something there.

The RV guy says he has to pull the box out to replace this so called wear bar. That it will take approx 4 hours which I believe to be close. And that anyone else will charge 4-5 times as much because they won't have the special tools that he has to do the job. That is the point I stopped believing him. The camper is currently sitting at a campground east of Cincinatti, OH and I'd like to get this issue fixed because it scares me. I don't want to do anymore damage than has already been done. All of the seals need replacing as well so I'd bet this will be expensive.

Any advice on a reputable service place in that area or what the problems may actually be so I'm not getting the run around are greatfully appreciated.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom