Desperate in Las Vegas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Larry N. said:
If it truly was intended as being helpful, then the wording should have been different, more gentle. When I first saw it I thought it was very rude and inappropriate. It wasn't until folks started mentioning it as just another option that I saw it's possibly intended as help, but it didn't come across that way.
I thought the same thing  Larry

When I first read her post, my thinking was maybe she was looking for a handout.  Based on her second post and Paul's comment, maybe my thinking wasn't too far off the mark. 

Larry N. said:
If it truly was intended as being helpful, then the wording should have been different, more gentle. When I first saw it I thought it was very rude and inappropriate. It wasn't until folks started mentioning it as just another option that I saw it's possibly intended as help, but it didn't come across that way.
I agree that it could have been worded differently Larry.

garyb1st said:
When I first read her post, my thinking was maybe she was looking for a handout.  Based on her second post and Paul's comment, maybe my thinking wasn't too far off the mark.

It is unfortunate how a persons reaction can change the situation.  My first thought was to send them help.  After the second post by them reacting to the suggestion regarding the care facility I was surprised.  If you are asking for help it might not be appropriate to react in that manner.  The care facility suggestion might have been worded more carefully but I do not think that it was malicious. 

And it appears there may have been a good bit of material help if her attitude had been better:

HueyPilotVN said:
It is unfortunate how a persons reaction can change the situation.  My first thought was to send them help.  After the second post by them reacting to the suggestion regarding the care facility I was surprised.  If you are asking for help it might not be appropriate to react in that manner.  The care facility suggestion might have been worded more carefully but I do not think that it was malicious. 

And I thought the subject 'Desperate in Las Vegas' was going to be a good juicy thread, boy was I wrong. ::)

Reading her reply on the other forum, I think we got off lightly.  I guess she may be at her wits end, and we don't really know the full situation, hopefully they get something sorted out.

Some people vent a bit when they get frustrated, then take a deep breath and get on with solving the problem. Others get mired in the anger of frustration and become unable to function or get help, which is maybe what happened here.  There are folks, however, whose threshold of anger is so low that they are always frustrated at the world in general and drive away any attempt by others to help or even to console.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom