Water pressure

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KODIAKHERSHEY

We are volunteering at Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park for the next 5 months.. We have GRAVITY FED water from a tank that the park keeps refilling.
My problem is that the gravity feed is not enough pressure to use in the fifth wheel. We are currently using our onboard tank and the 12v pump to use sinks, toilet and shower. Anyone know if we can use a 110v, pressure regulated pump on the hose to get enough pressure to use our plumbing without using the onboard, 12v pump. Thanks. May be a while before I can answer any replies, we have no internet or cell service in the park. We drive to Montrose Colorado to use cell and internet.
So, Thanks for any replies.....

YOu could. but why spend the money. Easier to do as you are doing  In fact that is how I do it most of the time  In teh winter my primary parking spot is over chlorinated so I fill the on-board and let it sit only takes a short time to dissapate the excess bleach and then I'm good to pump.

Another option would be a spare 12 volt pump. it can take low pressure on the inlet no problem.. Just make sure it is LOW pressure.. how high is that gravity tank?
About 1/2 PSI per foot .(Seriously rounded).

I?m kinda with John, not sure why you don?t just run off the onboard pump, but that?s not what you asked. Yes, there are several kinds of pumps that will do what you want. Flojet, for example, has a pump/pressure tank/pressure switch as a complete unit that will supply 40 psi water pressure when there is a low or fluctuating water pressure problem. Runs on 110V AC.

PS.....
    You are just looking for a booster pump, not a jet pump or anything like that. Also, the suction side to the pump from the supply faucet/hydrant will need to be temporarily hard piped with a short section of ridgid pipe such as PVC. A hose most likely won?t work because it will just collapse and starve the pump if the supply pressure gets too low.

Shurflo makes a 120 volt version of the RV pumps, but as said, why bother? Is using the onboard pump a problem? If refilling your fresh tank is a hassle, and you have an anti-freeze suction hose and valve setup on your pump, you could attach the gravity tank hose to the suction hose and pressure feed the house lines that way instead of drawing from your own fresh tank.

Hi, what are you guys doing in the park?  We are heading out that way at some point so would be good to meet you!

Thanks for the ideas. Park has put in an in line booster pump. Problem Solved.
We are camp host in south rim campground.
Thanks, again.

We hosted at Demotte campground, outside the gate to the North Rim the last 2 years.  Both times the hosts from the South Rim came up on their 2 days off and camped at Demotte for their weekend.  Both couples said it was worth the trip for the change of scenery.
South Rim=high desert and crowds.  North Rim=pine forests and not near as many people.

Old_Crow said:
We hosted at Demotte campground, outside the gate to the North Rim the last 2 years.  Both times the hosts from the South Rim came up on their 2 days off and camped at Demotte for their weekend.  Both couples said it was worth the trip for the change of scenery.
South Rim=high desert and crowds.  North Rim=pine forests and not near as many people.
South Rim of Gunnison Canyon  ;)

Back
Top Bottom