Shutting off only the toilet water?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DrOMG

I have a forest river wildwood and I have been fulltiming for about 4 months. I recently bought the laveo dry flush and I'm switching it out for the existing push pedal. This is the water hookup. What should I buy or do to cut off the water to the toilet before I turn the city water back on and flood my bathroom.

Thanks!

From a newb.

Attachments

• Webp.net-compress-image.jpg
    Webp.net-compress-image.jpg
    250.1 KB · Views: 47
Because the fitting in your picture is a permanent crimp-on it?s not removable. Therefore you could either try and find a plug that will screw on to the fitting (which I?m guessing doesn?t exist) or you could cut the fitting off and use a sharkbite plug (available at Lowe?s, Home Depot, etc) and plug the hose. Should you decide to rearrange things in the future, the sharkbite can be removed.

(I deleted your duplicate post and left this one here since this isn?t trailer specific, where it is more likely to get the response you need)

A suggestion: shrink that picture to something closer to 900x600 or so. It's so big that I can't see it all on my 1920x1080 screen in the browser.

There is a chance that the threads are 1/2" pipe, in which case get a 1/2" short nipple and a 1/2" cap. 

wackymac said:
There is a chance that the threads are 1/2" pipe, in which case get a 1/2" short nipple and a 1/2" cap.
I considered that and couldn't tell if those were threads or some other type of twist-on. But yes if that's the case that is your easiest option.

Sun2Retire said:
I considered that and couldn't tell if those were threads or some other type of twist-on. But yes if that's the case that is your easiest option.

I don't believe they are pipe threads which of course are tapered. What you have is a straight thread with a cone shaped rubber washer which makes the seal against the mating fitting.

I agree that the easiest fix is to cut the fitting off and pop a Sharkbite style end cap on it and you're done. It doesn't hurt to carry a small assortment of fittings and some PEX  tubing with you anyway. Never know when your rig may develop a leak, even if new.

Standard connectors are 1/2 inch IPT so a 1/2 inch valve (Male thread) or a 1/2 inch plug. Personally I'd use a quarter turn valve. and cap the out on the valve.

The Laveo is an interesting unit, but at $600 for the toilet and about a $1 per flush, it's pretty pricey too. I think I'll stick with dumping the black tank...

Back
Top Bottom