Weight Bearing Wheel Hitch Assy.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ROAD TOAD

I have a 35 FT Flagstaff TT. I had a solid metal/tube cargo rack welded to the rear after removing the bumper. It is welded to the frame. I also have a 2" receiver welded under this cargo rack. This rack weighs 140 LBS. On this rack I put a 150 LB Honda Genny and a 160 lb tool box. So I have considerable weight on the rear end of this TT. It does slope down in the rear. The back door binds. I have stabilizer jacks under the rack which when I lower them to raise the cargo rack or take the weight off the frame. the door does not bind. This tells me I have a problem . I found on line exactly what I need. Under "Weight Bearing Wheel "mrtrailer.com". But they (the company that made this weight bearing wheel assy.) went out of business 8 years ago. I will attach a photo of the wheel. Thanks for help.
email me if you want to.
[email protected]

Attachments

• IMG_5479.JPG
    IMG_5479.JPG
    122.7 KB · Views: 32
I think what you really need is to figure out where your trailer frame needs reinforcing. Adding a support like the wheel assembly will likely cause a worse problem since it will cause the frame to flex even more while underway, leading to possible metal fatigue and failure.

Good Advise. Thanks.
My TT under belly is completely sealed, so I cannot see the I-frame per say and see what is going on down there, But I can see where you are coming from.

Here is another idea that may work.  This is good for other purposes as well, but it leaves your load attached and removes most of the weight from the frame. 

http://www.cruiserlift.com/swivelwheel

Back
Top Bottom