Weight distribution hitch with anti sway

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ColoradoCampingFam

My husband is looking at weight distribution hitches with anti sway (he's decided he wants the 4 point anti sway) and isn't sure which one to get? I know there are 3 he is looking at; the blue ox,  equal-i-zer, and one other one. Anyone have one they use or like and can tell me why?

Reese Strait Line dual cam worked very well for me, but can be a bit of work to get set up correctly. The Equal-i-zer works very well from everything I've read. Most likely a lot easier to set up.

I have the Equal-i-zer.  I have nothing to compare it with as its my 1st and only WDH.  Seemed easy enough for me to handle but I don't think my wife could do the set up.  towed well but again, nothing to compare to.  Liked the idea of being able to back up while hitched. 

I have a Husky round bar WD hitch with the separate sway control bars, I say bars as the hitch came with one and i purchased the second one to install it because of the sway I was encountering. I have now pulled it a few times with both bars on and I still get sway have gone over the setup and weights and tires etc.........  but it is still there I am considering upgrading to the Equalizer 4 point they say that the hitches with built in sway are more superior for controlling sway then the side bars are.

Weight distribution works great but the sway not so great it does work I dont get any violent white knuckle experiences yet, hope I never do.

If you are going to spend the money on a decent hitch I would go with one with built in sway control.

I have the equalizer 4 point and have used it for a year. No problems with it and have not had any issue with sway. It?s also pretty simple to put on and remove the bars.

Dcm1379 said:
I have a Husky round bar WD hitch with the separate sway control bars, I say bars as the hitch came with one and i purchased the second one to install it because of the sway I was encountering. I have now pulled it a few times with both bars on and I still get sway have gone over the setup and weights and tires etc.........  but it is still there I am considering upgrading to the Equalizer 4 point they say that the hitches with built in sway are more superior for controlling sway then the side bars are.

Weight distribution works great but the sway not so great it does work I dont get any violent white knuckle experiences yet, hope I never do.

If you are going to spend the money on a decent hitch I would go with one with built in sway control.

I hope you weighed the tongue on your trailer and have enough weight.  True sway almost always comes from too little tongue weight, and masking that problem with sway control hitches can be dangerous.

If you are feeling the effects of wind, perhaps stiffer tires and suspension is in order.

Dcm1379: You sway issue is almost sure too little tongue weight, which can be either a trailer load/balance problem or a badly adjusted WD hitch. You need to get a scaled tongue weight (without the WD attached) and get at least 10% of the loaded trailer weight on the hitch ball. 12% would be better. Your sway problems will almost sure disappear.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom