Outside storage drawers on 2005 210 Popular vibrate open

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Suecosgrove

I have a 2005 Roadtrek 210 Popular.  My latches don't latch well and the drawers vibrate open when I drive.  Went to locksmith that said they were just lose and tightened them.  Now a year later they are the Same and the dumb locks come out with the key.  Has anyone had this issue?  What did you do?  Has anyone ever replaced the locks?  If so, what did you replace them with?  I live in Gillette Wy.  The closest Roadtrek dealer is in Denver over  hours away.  I will be forced to go to local repairman.  I am a single woman so I need to know what I am asking for so I don't get taken advantage of. 

You are saying the locks come loose.

Are these locks basically a cylinder with flat sides (oval shaped) and a arm that moves from the locked to unlocked position on the end?

If so.. Re tighten but before you re-tighten oil the threads with locktite Green may be enough to do the job (Blue will if green does not.)

Just so you know, the green Loctite that John mentioned is put on after the nut is tightened down, and the blue is put on before the nut is installed.

Back
Top Bottom