ac leaking in rv

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bignick985

i recently bought a used rv . i set it up the first time and after an hour or so of running ac started leaking in  rv from condensation. after taking shroud off . the condersation was not draining to the drain holes . had the angle the rv front way down . been working fine like that . is there any adjustments to slope the ac instead of rv .

You said the front of the RV was down  if you mean the entire RV you need to level it
The A/C will leak into the RV if it is NOSE down.

IF you meant the AC is nose down.. I'd replace the gast under it and check the roof for possible damage/softness in the area of the A/C you may have a major fix to schedule.

if i level the rv it leaks inside. if the front of rv is down it doesn't . there only two drain holes in pan and they in the front of the ac . there are no drain holes in the rear. of the pan . with the rv level it doesnt drain to the front . it builds up condersation and over flow into the rv . i thought about drilling two hole in th rear of thr pan so it can drain what do yall think ?

Drilling some extra escape holes in the pan is OK, but it still should not leak inside.  The water should not be able to back up enough to overflow into the interior unless the top section simply isn't tight to the gasket that sits between it and the roof or the gasket has failed. Thus the recommendation to tighten the 4 inside hold-down bolts somewhat. They should be snug but not over-tite.

Back
Top Bottom