Always ask. Monthly rates may not be advertised.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

garyb1st

Circumstances necessitate our being in the San Francisco Bay Area for at least a month.  RV Parks in the area fill up fast because rents here for a one bedroom apartment are around $3,000 a month.  Consequently RV parks that have space fill up pretty quickly.  When reserving a space at this park, they could not accommodate our 36 foot motorhome for more than 12 days.  The rate for those 12 days, $95.00.  So $1,140 for less than two weeks.  Ouch.  When our 12 days were up and we couldn't find a decent park within an hour of this area, I asked the attendant if they had anything else available.  They did and we could have it for 18 days.  That was good news.  The best news was we now qualified for their monthly rate.  Monthly rate, who knew?  It wasn't advertised and I didn't ask.  Long story short, we saved about $600 by extending and taking advantage of their monthly rate.  This park, that doesn't advertise it, has monthly rates varying from $1,400 to $2,200.  A $360 lesson since they charged us the daily rate for the first 12 days.   

I usually stay for longer so I always ask about monthly and weekly rates you should also ask if the electricity is metered or not. I had 1 stay of 3 weeks where it was cheaper to pay the month than 3 x the weekly rate.
Most places meter for monthly but not daily or weekly.

Back
Top Bottom