86 Minnie Winnie lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Astack24

Got a new to me Winnie the lights do not work if I have it plugged in to a 30 amp service do they work off the battery all the time?

Hi and welcome.  Yes, the lights are 12 volt and run off the house batteries. It sounds like you have a project there. There should be a battery charger/converter that supplies 12 volts to charge the batteries and supply 12 volts on demand when 12 volt stuff is operated.

Do you have a battery disconnect switch? Do other 12 volt loads work when not plugged in? Have you checked all your fuses? Did you just look at the fuses, or check them with a meter?

A typical converter/charger in a 1986 vintage has a relay that switches it from battery to shore power (converter) mode, so I'm guessing the relay has failed or the 12v converter itself is defunct. However, make sure the converter/charger is receiving 120v power when plugged in.  Do other shore power appliances & outlets work OK?

Thanks for the help my battery was dead took it out and charged it and they work

You should figure out why the battery was dead before you call the issue solved. Make certain your converter/charger is working and if that battery is four or five years old, it's ready to be replaced.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urnwholesaler
Back
Top Bottom