Air bags in a Class A?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikeylikesit

I have an idea to solve the problem of my driveway apron being too steep....so steep that unless I place 2x6's (5 of them) in the gutter, the rear jacks on my coach drag across the sidewalk.  It's kind of a PITA.    Park on the street......retrieve the 2x6's and place them.......curse a little......park the coach.........retrieve the 2x6's......curse a little more........yeah, it gets old.

So, I'm thinking, if I were to install air bags in the rear, with a switch on the dash controlling an air valve, would I be able to "lift" the suspension high enough so that the jacks clear?  (I already have an onboard compressor for the towed braking system).

Anyway, I figure I'm not the first person to need something like this so I'd throw it out there.  Feasible?  Been done before?  Pitfalls?

I'm all ears. :)    Thanks folks!

How high do you need to go? The size if the bags needed to lift the weight may not be feasible with your compressor. Depends how big it is. I don't see a problem if you can get enough lift. Just the cost of installing vs laying some boards down would totally be your preference.

Have you considered so-called "curb ramps"? These are rubber or plastic strips designed to replace your boards. One piece, and can be relatively lightweight. Just do a web search for that term.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozgal
Back
Top Bottom