Freedon source manager model 20

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gnsimpson

need a wiring diagram for a freedom source manager 20 installed in a american tradition 2000 model

Do you have the Heart Source Manager II owner manual? That is fairly detailed technically, but not really a schematic. I can send you a copy if you need one. It's too big to post here, but I can email if you send me your email addy.

my email address is
[email protected]

Im pulling out a source manager freedom 20 and installing a freedom 11 source manager my question is on the 12 gauge wiring that goes to the 120 volt curcuit box on the freedom 20 there labeled ac lock out input and out put  and on the source manager 20 11 there labeled ac load 1 and ac load 2 so which one goes on the input and which goes on the output
I have a source manager 11 manual but my confusion is the difference between the 12 gauge wiring on the source manager 1 its labeled input and output and on the source manager 11 its labeled ac load 1 and ac load 2 so which is input and which is the output ?

Gary thank in advance for your reply in advance any advice you could give would be greatly appreciated

Grover Simpson
Vermilion ohio

I'm a bit mystified by your model numbers.  The Heart Source Manager contains a Heart 20 as its inverter/charger component. I gather than you want to replace the original Heart 20 with a new (or at least newer) Heart model?  I can't find any info about a Heart model 11, but there is a 10 and also an Xi, which could be read as Roman numeral  "11".  Or is this a complete Source Manager replacement? 

In any case, "load" is output - that's standard electrical terminology. I have no idea what "ac lock" might be. Heart and Xantrex normally label using the words "AC IN" or "AC INPUT" and "AC OUT" or "AC OUTPUT".

Its a complete source manager replacement a newer model source manager 2 the original model was source manager 1 model both are model 20

OK, got it.  Don't you have the Source Manager II manual?  It covers the AC input, output and control wiring, though it is a bit vague.  Download it from Xantrex/Heart at http://www.xantrex.com/documents/Discontinued-Products/Source%20Manager%20II%20Owner's%20Manual.pdf

The AC Load 1 & 2 terminals are used for load management. AC Load #1 is for the front a/c and #2 is for the floor heater (if you have that feature). 12 gauge cables are used on those terminals.

Per the SM II manual (page 22), the 8 gauge input wires from shore and genset attach to the left side at the rear. The 8 gauge output to the load center is just forward of the genset input terminals.

Back
Top Bottom