Norcold Problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ntchwaidumela

That being said, why the heck is my Norcold fridge refusing to work on LP. There's a 12 volt source, the pilot light works, there's plenty of propane, the propane source is on and working, it just doesn't fire up. I do every time I try it, but it doesn't.  over

Ntchwaidumela said:
That being said, why the heck is my Norcold fridge refusing to work on LP. There's a 12 volt source, the pilot light works, there's plenty of propane, the propane source is on and working, it just doesn't fire up. I do every time I try it, but it doesn't.  over

When was the last time you checked the burner area ??? My Norcold wouldn't work on propane also. Opened the outside compartment and, after removing the abandoned wasp nest and vacuuming out the burner area and flue, it worked fine :D :D

Thanks for replying Bernie.
We just bought our RV and I have looked in the outside compartment. I can see the pilot flame while it tries to light the burner but then it just goes out.  BTW, it was working a few days ago.

What is the year of manufacture of your Norcold refrigerator?  There was a recall by Norcold on reffers built around  2000...very important to have done because failure to repair the fault can cause a major fire and destruction of your RV.  Check the Norcold site for details.

Check the following sites for important recall information:

Norcold Recalls

How to identify your Norcold for Recall

If the repair has not been done, your fridge could be a ticking time bomb...no exageration...please check it out and extinguish the propane pilot light until you know for sure.

See the attached pictures of what can happen if the repair is not done.

Attachments

• Fire2.JPG
    Fire2.JPG
    73.3 KB · Views: 23
  • Fire4.JPG
    Fire4.JPG
    110.1 KB · Views: 17
Ntchwaidumela said:
Thanks for replying Bernie.
We just bought our RV and I have looked in the outside compartment. I can see the pilot flame while it tries to light the burner but then it just goes out.  BTW, it was working a few days ago.

Mine was working also until it quit ;D  Go back to the pilot light. Take a screw driver and tap the flue above the pilot light a couple of times. If anything falls, that could be the problem. Use a brush, or better a vacuum, to clean out the build up from the area.

Back
Top Bottom